Lindsay Lohan

Bodyguard Shopping

After Trespassing Incident

1/3/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan
Yesterday's door-knocking incident was a huge wake up call for Lindsay Lohan -- who's now in the market to ramp up security at her L.A. home ... with surveillance cameras ... and even a new bodyguard.

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ, the actress loves her Venice Beach house ... but with random scary people walking right up to her front door, she's convinced it's time to invest in some extra security upgrades for the property.

On top of adding additional security cameras -- we're told Lindsay wants to hire a full-time bodyguard to stay with her for a period of time ... until she feels safe again.

As for the man arrested for trespassing outside her house on Sunday -- Lonnie Short -- we're told he shares a bizarre connection with Lindsay's alleged stalker David Cocordan.

According to sources, when Short knocked on Lindsay's door yesterday, he announced he was friends with David and needed to explain some things.

Clearly, Lindsay wasn't up for a chat -- and minutes later, cops arrested Short for trespassing. He's still in custody on $1,000 bail.

Nikki

Move that Trespasser, I'm Lindsay Lohan!!!!

Rogue Warrior

This is off topic but I think it deserves attention and since I am management, here it goes, take a look at Blind Gossip, I posted on one of their blinds and guessed Ben A and Tom S, however I have a sinking feeling it's RDJ like the others have guessed. I intentionally didn't post him ....... Way too sad if it is in fact him. I've lived that life and relapsed after over 10 years, I know how easy it is to "relapse" when things are going too well!!!

Delmar

There's been no pap shots of Lindsay or Ali for that matter since they've been back to California (whenever that was). Also Dina hasn't commented on this story (yet). Two daughters in California, a strange man comes to their door saying he is a friend of a stalker, nothing from mama.

Rogue Warrior

Hey douchebags, notice the similarities?????

"He is such a puppy, he breaks your heart. Everyone just wants to hug him or shake him or love him back to health."

Perhaps not everyone. True, Hollywood continues to embrace Downey and hire him after each slipup. "He has never had a lack of supporters," says Lowe, who stresses that addiction is a disease. "You can't blame it on people not forgiving him." But Downey, like troubled baseball player Darryl Strawberry, is seen by some as spoiled and unsympathetic. "Even by the standards of the overindulged, overexposed celebrity community," The Washington Post's Sharon Waxman wrote after the arrest, "Downey's self-destructive spiral has been notable in its resistance to rescue or punishment."

Sympathetic or not, Downey has additional problems: According to his stepmother, Rosemary Rogers Downey, 52, the actor was diagnosed a few years ago as having bipolar disorder, more commonly known as manic depression. "He's gotten no help for that," says Rosemary, an author who lives in New York City with Downey's father, Robert Sr., 64. (Downey's actress mother, Elsie, lives in Pennsylvania, as does his sister Allyson Downey, a writer.) "It's the reason he has a hard time staying sober. What hasn't been tried is medication and intensive psychotherapy." Dr. Manijeh Nikakhtar, a Los Angeles psychiatrist and the author of Addiction or Self-Medication: The Truth, says she received a letter from an imprisoned Downey in 1999 asking for advice on his condition. She reviewed his previous psychiatric evaluations and discovered "no one had done a complete evaluation," she says. "I asked him flat out if he thought he was bipolar, and he said, 'Oh yeah. There are times I spend a lot of money and I'm hyperactive, and there are other times I'm down.' " Yet instead of receiving treatment for that disorder, Nikakhtar says, Downey has invariably been referred to 12-step programs, which focus on his addictions.

Dr. Richard Frances, medical director of Silver Hill Hospital, a renowned rehab facility and psychiatric center in Connecticut, says that 60 to 80 percent of people who suffer from bipolar disorder also have addictions. Frances—who is not referring specifically to Downey—says bipolar disorder can cause drastic mood swings, and "in the midst of a manic episode, often people will relapse, and it's then that they're more likely to pick up a drink or a drug." The weekend after his most recent relapse, Downey checked himself into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in L.A. for an intensive, 72-hour treatment for depression.

That move might strike some as too little, too late. In fact, Downey has suggested that he not only enjoys exploring his dark side, but also sees a link between his addictions and his creativity. "I don't discount the fact that addiction or alcoholism is a disease. But I still feel that, at every turn, I was choosing to keep going with it," he told Playboy in 1997. "I guess the issue for me is to keep things dynamic." Even so, some drug counselors caution against making too much of Downey's latest indulgence of that desire. Falling off the wagon, they say, can be part of getting straight. "Most addicts will relapse," says Chris Canter, a spokesman for Walden House, a San Francisco-based drug rehab program that provided Downey treatment in prison. "Many people who come to Walden House have lost everything. For many that's what it took [to finally quit drugs]." How much further Downey must fall before he hits rock bottom remains to be seen. "All we can do is say we're here for him," says his uncle James Downey, an author in Connecticut. "Going out there and grabbing him by the neck doesn't work. He's got to want it."

ketjo

Can't drive anybody off so they decided to bore you to death.....Yawn !!!!!!!!

Vorlon

Off to watch Canada slap Russia around in hockey. Contrary to what bigmouth would have you believe- I'm not being driven off.

janet

Lindsay Lohan will throw out any name just to cover up her own lies that backfires on her. SEE THE PATTERN

PR, best that came up with is there was a 'travel conflict' No. Lohan blew off the taping because she's partying in Hawaii and couldn't be bothered. Lohan was already paid for the playboy shoot. SEE THE PATTERN

Lindsay Lohan has used every BS excuse so far. SEE THE PATTERN

Another Lohan self-hype that she can't prooved or even back up. Now it's an 'alleged stalker' Lohan needs a bodyguard for her so called 'safety' No. Nothing but Lindsay Lohans lies. SEE THE PATTERN.

Sounds like a court date coming up.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

My Angel, the only way you can get from Burbank to Van Nuys in 15 minites, is like you said, 3 a.m. or Sunday! Now thats a FACTOID! LOL

ketjo

Go Canada !!! havefun I got to do and do a illustration of a disected frog for my grandsons 4 grade class so the teacher can copy it and hand it out to the kids Dam these teachers worksupply cuts....now the teacher are having to suply most of the extra if they do anything more...

Rogue Warrior

Once again, my job is complete now that I've driven all the H8rs off, time to call it a night!

Gotti Roll!

Danielle

Not quite, rogue ;-)

Grandma Cracker

Before you go Rogue, thank you for the RDJ posts and the little bit of true human emotion you showed a page or two ago. These things did not fall on deaf ears.....
`
Oh, and SMITTY: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahhahah....WAY TO GO KETJO!!!!

Ghost Rider

So let me get this right, Rogue Doorknocker thinks he is the manager of this board now? LMFAO!!!
Like Tmz would actually pay some random jerk good money to call us a douche or a lizard every 5 minutes.

Grandma Cracker

Wow, looks like I missed Smitty getting his ass whooped by Ketjo. I guess it was a fun day, but it was back to school, more volunteer hours at the non profit treatment center and orientation into my new tutoring job at the University today. Does anybody know if LL is back at her CS? I sure was reading about all the stars in Dubai and now I cannot imagine that she would voluntarily turn down that gig....

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Oh not this horrible Low-han again.