Nas

I'll Pay BIG BUCKS to Save

Abducted Concert Promoter

1/4/2012 10:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0104_nas_ex_getty
Rapper Nas is extremely concerned about the safety of a concert promoter who was abducted in Angola ... and says he's ready to cut a big time check to help get the guy back to the USA.

TMZ broke the story ... the concert promoter, Patrick Allocco, claims he was kidnapped at gunpoint by a local "concert impresario" who was FURIOUS when Nas no-showed at a heavily promoted New Year's Eve show.

The "impresario" demanded Allocco fork over the $315k advance ... or else. Allocco was eventually freed from captivity with help from the US Embassy ... but he's currently holed up in a local hotel.

Now, sources close to Nas tell TMZ, the rapper wants to help out, but refuses to shoulder the entirety of the blame.

We're told, Nas and his team DID initially agree to perform the NYE show ... but made the decision to call it off due to a "miscommunication" about travel plans.

Sources tell us, Nas never intended to keep the money, but his team is unclear about where to send the check. We're told Nas' team is currently working on a solution ... and intends to help resolve the matter ASAP.

One source tells us ... "The key is getting Patrick Allocco home safely."

pimpc

I wonder if he knows hi***** is on crooked. F'n D bag!

pimpc

*hi*****

pimpc

nevermind

darklord

dont forget about patricks son he is there also with his dad http://www.katu.com/news/local/Hillsboro-woman-trying-to-free-cousins-held-in-Angola-136674963.html

Mumra the Ever Living

I think you can read that as: "Look, I took every dime of the advance money, but spent it on expensive vodka, champagne, skanky women, and various illegal narcotics. I was then too stoned to realize that my flight left, but since I'm an amoral drug addict, I blew off the gig. Now the promoter is locked up in some foreign country and I couldn't care less.

Rhubino

Where's the next non-concert, Mogadishu Somalia? You don't mess with people from these countries.

LAWRENCE

LOL, what a stupid moron. Seriously, he didn't know where to send the money back to?

Why is this entitled "I'll Pay BIG BUCKS to Save Abducted Concert Promoter" when he's not paying anything? He's merely giving back the money he accepted for a performance he never made good on.

Like I said, stupid moron.

Jay

Wow good thing Lindsay Lohan doesnt book photoshoots/appereances in Angola. Could you imagine all the promoters ect. that would go missing?

Areawoman

And Damian Marley is mixed up with this guy. LMFAO

Marvin

Im sure he will find a way to blame white people for this. Now if we can get LI-HO and The K-Trash gang to take a trip to this wonderful place...

Pebblebeach

hey NAS...send the darn check back you fool...you did not perform and are not entitled to the money...it is that simple...dumb azz wrappers...

MP

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't find it very comforting to have my life in Nas' hands.

David

That's what happens when u trust a no-talent rapper with money he hasn't earned yet to stick to his "word". What'd u expect? For him to be a stand-up, trustworthy guy? Doubt it

MIke

Another loser ass doped out lazy rapper who can't keep his commitments. These promoters GET WHAT THEY DESERVE!!! Let him rot, and seize the money from NAS and give it to Charity.

CLINT

Why would they pay him before he performs? I may be out of the loop, but is this how performers get paid now, in advance? He'd be pissed off if he performed and they didn't pay him. Give the money back, Nas. All of it. You did nothing to deserve a dime of this money. That's just NASty.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments