Rob Lowe

ABC Eyeing Him to Replace Reeg

On 'Live' With Kelly Ripa

1/6/2012 11:26 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rob Lowe could be Regis Philbin's replacement ... if ABC has its way.

Lowe just finished a two-day stint, guest hosting with Kelly Ripa and an ABC source says the honchos "loved the chemistry between them." We're told network execs have spoken with Lowe's reps about making it a permanent gig, but Lowe -- who already has a job on "Parks and Recreation" -- is non-committal.

But we just shot Rob leaving NYC at JFK airport. Our camera guy asked him, "Do you think you could live in New York?"

Rob replied: "We were just talking about that. I love New York. I love the energy. It would be a change of pace. I'm a California boy, but it could be fun."

0906_remembering_regis_footer

Regina

As much as I LOVE Rob Lowe, he doesn't fit as a host. Didn't he host the Oscar's once with Sleeping Beauty and it was the worst Academy Awards EVER.
Kelly is as annoying as a constant case of hemoroids. Her and her husband are BORING. She is all sharp edges and bones.
I think that they should just take the show off the air. Gellman must be slipping, he didn't have everything under control and have a replacement already picked out for him.

nailsrus

Yuck, barf!!! Rob Lowe has absolutely no appeal and I will not be watching this sex-starved, 16 year old washed up actor. ABC, keep it fresh. Forget about this candidate. It would be an insult to Regis. Andy Cohen is so busy now, but he's my first choice. Nick Lachey is the best option IMO, they have the best chemistry.

J

Boring, boring...That explains the show...Regis was the show...Doesn't matter who they replace him with the Kelly show has run its course...Game Over...

moveover

Someone above actually thinks Robin Williams would host that rinky dink show on a permanent basis? His career would have to take a serious nosedive for that to happen!

Jackie

no no no.

The chemistry wasn't great, it was just better than the bad chemistry on the show so far since Reg. Plain and simple Rob Lowe is NOT a funny guy, and he didn't connect with the audience. Jokes go right over his head and he just ends up making perverted glances and taking about himself. If he goes on full time I honestly don't know if I would still watch.

He is pretty though.

M

Isn't this show on CBS?? I think Rob Lowe would be a good match for Kelly Rippa. If, in fact, it is Rob Lowe who is being considered. If TMZ can't even get the network right, who knows who the actual replacement consideration might be.

wtf?

I didn't see the shows with Rob Lowe. I don'*****ch. Let's be honest here: Kelly Ripa is an uneducated, untalented one-time soap actor-nobody. No class or polish. Just all guts. Even w/her botox, hair extensions and Michael Jackson plastic surgery nose-job, she is hard on the eys. Looks like a woman in her mid-50s. The husband is an aging troll. The years have not been kind to him...wrinkles worse than a senior citizen. But most importantly, Kelly Ripa is willing to stay married to a man who is clearly bi-sexual and indeed, prefers men to her. Get some self esteem, Ripa. At least for the sake of your kids.

Patricia

This was the first time we watched the show thru till the end....Jan 6,2012.
Rob Lowe was great. Kelly and him have a nice chemistry together...we were impressed. We liked how they interacted, with each other, she didn't need to carry the show all by herself.

Patricia

Jan 6,2012 show..Rob lowe was great! kelly and him have great chemistry together. She didn't have to carry the show all by herself..he is cute, funny and can TALK. I noticed hr leaned in toward her...tey make a cute tv couple.

tlcmk

Now if they could only replace Kelly with one of the girls from female DJ week they might have something.

My vote would go for Vince Vaughn if he would do it. He was great the one time he filled in when Letterman was having heart troubles.

SheisHot

Rob is only interested in getting into Kelly's sweet honey hole, oh yeah! I love her!

cranky

Sex tape with underage girl...did the Regis guy do that too?

Bill

He is an ass......

Nan

Noooo! He is so self absorbed. The first day he came on I noticed he was the only co-host I can remember who didn't hold out the chair for Kelly. Then the puffy ego took off. I love the show for it's humor. He's not funny. I don't think he's a nice person either which is something Neil Patrick Harris and Josh Groban have going for them in addition to their 'talent' and fun conversations.

Lauren

I too wish that Neil Patrick Harris would take the job. He and Kelly are HILARIOUS together.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments