Beyonce & Jay-Z

It's a Girl!!

Blue Ivy Is On the Scene

1/7/2012 11:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_beyonce_jayz_getty_bn
Beyonce finally popped, giving birth to a baby girl named Blue Ivy Carter in New York City on Saturday

Proud dad Jay-Z, real name Shawn Carter, was at the hospital where Beyonce reportedly birthed Ivy by c-section -- and shortly after her arrival ... J & B's famous friends started sending out birth announcements on the Internet.

Rihanna tweeted, "Welcome to the world princess Carter! Love Aunty Rih"

Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons also took to Twitter, saying ... "congrats to my good friends Beyonce and Jay-Z."

Beyonce famously announced her pregnancy on stage at the MTV Video Music Awards back in August.

update_bar
While initial reports had the baby name as Ivy Blue, now word is the name is actually Blue Ivy.

Sarah

You mean the surrogate had the baby....

yep

I hope she gets her looks from Beyonce.

gamermom81

I don't see why they are hiding that they had a surrogate..there is no shame but doing this sets a bad example and makes it seem like using a surrogate is bad or something

nursemorgan

kamuk

The baby will have 99 problems but Love and money aint one!

Welcome to the world Jiggalacious!

Lo From Wisco

You mean Beyonce's surrogate gave birth. Regardless, congrats dudes. Whatever.

meow

You go girl!

yeah ok

whoever really thinks beyonce was really pregnant is pretty stupid if you ask me. mtv awards she was no way in heck 5 months pregnant. that video where her "stomach" folds during that interview gave it away.

sam

no i did not hear it here first.

popo

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh their little blood sacrifice has landed ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nisiek

Congrats needs to go to the surrogate! wake up people she took prednisone to look large, the rest was a constantly moving fake Velcro, how naive the world is, remember the baby folding in dress, the high heels all the way to the 9th month, give me a break!! She should have been woman enough to admit to having a surrogate.

THE WATCHER!!!

I think this is real suspect.she made the announcement at the Mtv VMAs back in September.She was barely show and wasnt that far along,Now just under 4 months later,she has a baby?not to mention that i can't believe she had a C-Section cause of what she wears in videos and performances,So it's hard to imagine she did that.

Debi

Congrats to the surrogate. I would like a dna test please from Bey & J please, lol. Now Bey can take off that fat suit. I wonder where you can buy them anyway but when you rich you can get anything. Still I will be waiting for the surrogate or the hospital ppl to squeal and tell the real truth. I dont know why Bey didnt tell the truth to begin with. Hey if I could have used a surrogate I would have been happy and so much better off. I also would have help my head up and been happy about it. There's no shame in surrogacy. It's 2012 & nobody held it against Sarah Jessica Parker. Just tell the truth & get it over with but Congrats, anyways.

hotbitch

OK folks, I would totally buy into all the conspiracy theories if she weren't photographed on the beach in Croatia. How do you explain that, though??? Wasn't she clearly pregnant there? Even I think the collapsing belly was a tip-off that something fishy was up. Besides, she had just announced her pregnancy and she showed up in that pink dress looking about 7 months along. Someone help me out with that one, please.

sweetp58

Glad the surrigate mom and baby are healthy. Beyonce and Jay-Z are disgusting lying fakes who gave their kid a name that sounds like the special at some cheap restaurant. Pathetic.