Beyonce and Jay-Z

Increased Security Allegedly

Kept Man from His Newborns

1/8/2012 4:43 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108_beyonce_jayz_getty_bn
A Brooklyn man claims increased security at Lenox Hill hospital -- because of the presence of Beyonce and Jay-Z -- kept him from seeing his prematurely born twins ... this according to a report.

Neil Coulon tells the NY Daily News he has been repeatedly kept out of the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) by the couple's security. He also claims his relatives were booted out of the waiting room by bodyguards wearing headsets.

He tells the paper, "Three times they stopped me from entering or exiting the NICU and it happened once on Friday -- just because they wanted to use the hallway."

A rep for the hospital told the NYDN she hadn't personally heard of any complaints. We reached out for comment as well ... haven't heard back.

raz24400

I say sue the crap out of them. Celebs are no different than everyone else, except that they have more cash. Sucks that the hospital allowed this to happen. Probably for a fat donation.

tommy hamilbon

******s and a ****** kid...who ******* cares.

DivaBish

Sooo the Saga continues... Floppy is blocking... SMH

br

i see a lawsuit in the works, and i would have been complaining to the hospital

hottubDave

How in the hell could this guy let "private security" keep him out of the NICU...I would have told the security I didn't give a F%&k...and walk right on in...Then when they tried to stop me, I would have called the police and put on a real "sh^t show"

RKO

I keep seeing a common sentiment pop up in the comments, the "NO WAY anyone would keep you from seeing my baby" in the NICU. Especially if your baby was in for 4 months like commenter Beckie.

I will never forget the terror that gripped me when I was visiting -my- preemie (100% healthy as well now) and the doctors ordered me to leave the room.

I freaked out, like w t f is going on? Turns out, due to confidentiality/HIPAA stuff, the doctors were discussing the baby NEXT to him in a different incubator, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MY KID, and I or any other parent/visitor couldn't be within earshot. I was just the only parent there at the time. You don't think I wanted to take somebody out after I stopped shaking? Maybe for a second but the relief was overwhelming that they weren't rushing me out of there because something happened to my kid. Relief outweighs the feeling of wanting to take somebody out.

That said, for everybody saying that "I'd kick @ss "...no, you wouldn't. You'd first think something was wrong with your kid because the trauma of going through the whole preemie thing is first and foremost in your mind. Not a battle of who's badder than who.

It takes a long time to recover mentally from being a parent of a medically fragile child in a NICU unit, too. So, yeah. If this story is true, the parents should go after the hospital as an entity, and the security people individually as well as Beyonce and Jay-Z. If any parent anywhere in a NICU is told to leave, hopefully they get a quick before the fact explanation, like "We're doing rounds and we need confidentiality for a few moments. Please wait outside and come back later", instead of the "You need to leave. Now," that scares somebody to death.

"Real" security should've been called on the spot if the parents were impeded from seeing their kid but again, you're not thinking like that. You're just thinking about your own kid and if s/he's okay at that moment, because a lot of what's in NICU is touch and go. I wi***** on nobody.

Amber

Blue Ivy??? Ivy Blue, maybe? But bot are pretty bad. While I have never, ever liked Beyonce's voice or singing or that stupid @ss Single ladies song, I wouldn't have expected this from her. I don't care how much $$ you have, your kid is NO more important than mine or anyone elses!!! Selfish @SSES!!!!!!

SUNIA3

shame on them!

Ruth

The hospital is 100% to blame for everything that happened. They accepted a bribe from two filthy rich celebs who have forgotten where they came from before they were famous. They wanted complete privacy and security - fine, hire a PRIVATE hospital and arrange to be the only patient during that time.

The religion of the Celebrities rules in the USA and I don't see this happening in Europe or elsewhere.

brent

someone is going to have to get the checkbook out for everyone that was inconvenienced. they should have just built a new hospital for that.

Sherms

Shame on that hospital for losing sight of what they are truly there for, and for allowing these two to "buy" them, in a sense.

Riopiazza1331

bitch cant stand her ass even more now after this selfish bitch u got no right to deny ppl from seeing there newborns ungrateful ******* bitch

Michael7307

IF this is true, I don't care who she is or THINKS she is,if that were me they would have a fight on their hands. I have just as much right to see my child as they do THEY ARE NOTHING SPECIAL and do not have the right to prevent a paying customer from seeing their child. If it were me the hospital and anyone else involved would be going to court and paying dearly.

Susan

Why didn't she just stay home and build her own little OR suite with all the necessary equipment and staff - and leave the regular mamas, babies and their families out of her drama - the hospital should be ashamed of themselves .... long after the diva and her entourage are gone, it's the average families that keep their facility going - they appear to be pandering to the lowest common denominator = m-o-n-e-y

JULIE

Who gives a crap about these 2?!?!?! A couple of no talent pigs.