Snoop Dogg

ARRESTED FOR WEED

1/9/2012 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Snoop Dogg arrested
Snoop Dogg
isn't the only canine with a nose for weed ... TMZ has learned the rapper was ARRESTED in Texas this weekend after a drug-sniffing dog uncovered marijuana on his tour bus.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... Snoop's tour bus was stopped at a border patrol checkpoint in Sierra Blanca -- a small town in West Texas where Willie Nelson was popped for weed back in 2010.

It's all pretty ironic -- considering Snoop RAILED against cops in 2010 for arresting the country singer, claiming, "They better leave Willie the f**k alone." (video below)

We're told the border patrol ran a standard inspection of the bus with the dog ... when the animal alerted the agents to a possible hit in a waste basket in the back of the vehicle.

The agents claim they found a red prescription bottle with several joints inside. We're told the bottle contained under a half-ounce of weed.

Cops say Snoop admitted the dope belonged to him. Snoop has a prescription for cannabis in California, but law enforcement tells us, there is a zero tolerance policy for weed in Texas ... regardless of his status in other states.

Snoop was issued a citation for misdemeanor drug possession and released.

Attempts to reach the rapper's rep were unsuccessful.

update_bar
1:25PM PT: The Justice of the Peace in Hudspeth County, TX tells TMZ, Snoop can resolve the entire matter by paying a $537 fine ... unless he wants to challenge the citation, in which case he can make his case in court.

0728_whatcha_smokin_footer_v2

See also

Home Skillet

That's complete bull****. Leave the man alone, for God's sake. First off, Texas? C'mon - what an idiotic state. Secondly, weed is weed - who the eff cares? Alcohol is much more damaging than weed, and booze is legal. I don't even smoke, but for the life of me I will never be able to understand why we waste so much money fighting a war on marijuana, and do stupid sh*t like arresting Snoop Dog who is a decent dude. I do not get it. It's ridiculous.

nof

-The entire State of Texas owes an Apology to The_Dude.

Engraved, if possible...

333maxwell

Occupy Snoop~!

Free the Weed~!

nof

nof p.s.

Don't go back, my Brutha.

-Make Texas come to Y'all.

The King

KING Says " It should be a crime for Snoop Dogg NOT to have some of his famous sticky icky icky on him at all times". For more go to http://www.kingsays.com

K.J. Legnon

Just look at this piece of **** of a human being. He give full meaning the the term N....R!

Rush Limbaugh

Uh: We're told the border patrol ran a standard inspection of the bus with the dog...under posse comitatus, why are federal agents doing police work and why aren't they at the border? Rick Perry should investigate this

willie leach

bow to the wow to the yip to the yeah

TexasMan

Serves the dope head right, don't bring drugs into our state!

ValVal

Why bother making this news? Nothing new really... Though... don't know why I'm commenting on this. Guess I'm bored.

JD

f*ck Texas! Weedhead or not, if you've got a prescription, I say fight it. I wouldn't pay Texas one GD cent! In fact, sue their asses for damages and wasted time! Don't let other states set a precedent for screwing over OTHER people who might have VALID prescriptions. Never done weed myself... just sayin.

PokerStar

I wonder if they gave him a green bologna sandwich for his munchies while he was waiting to get released?

steven katona

UNBELIEVABLE SET-UP! SNOOP DOG HAS BEEN SET UP BY THESE SINISTER FORCES IN TEXAS TODAY. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE ILLEGAL SEARCH THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE VIOLATES ALL COMMON SENSE AND DECENCY. HOW DARE THE TEXAS AUTHORITIES PLANT ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES IN A BUS AND BLAME THIS SUPERSTAR. NOW WE SEE THE SCAPEGOATING AND ILLEGALITIES OF BEING A SUPERSTAR AND I JUST WANT TO SAY TO SNOOP DOG I'M SORRY THAT YOU'RE BEING SET-UP AND I HOPE YOUR LAWYER CAN SAVE YOU FROM THIS. HOW DARE THE POLICE PLANT POT ON THIS SUPERSTAR TO STALL HIS CAREER. WHERE IS OBAMA TO PERSONALLY INTERVENE?!

Maria

That is not news,we all know he is a drug user,he wil not stop smoking weed,"you can take the kid from the ghetto,but you can't take the ghetto from the kid" isn't that so true! I don't know why he has exceptions from the police ,if he was a poor black man he will be in jail by now,but money and fame covers everything.is what I say :Money Talks! and Hollywood still keeping him on pedestals what a disgrace!

Maria

UGHHHH!!! it will be news if the news is about Snoop stopping smoking weed......that will be real news.