'Storage Wars' Star

I Need BIG MONEY

... or I'm Off the Show!!

1/9/2012 4:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0109_storage_wars_video_ex
"Storage Wars" star Dave Hester -- the "YUUUP" guy -- tells TMZ he's ready and willing to walk away from the biggest A&E reality show ever ... if the network doesn't up their "unjust" contract offer.

Hester was out in L.A. this weekend ... sporting a hat with his signature catchphrase on it ... when he told our photog he hasn't locked up a deal to return to the show next season.

The reality star explained, "Right now I'm in negotiations with A&E and I would just hope they would get away from their unjust contract negotiations ... the ball is really in their court."

He adds, "I don't know what their plans are ... but I would like to be on the show. Maybe 'Storage Wars' without Dave Hester??"

And to make matters worse ... Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party.

A rep for A&E had no comment.

Denise

See ya Dave - YUUUP - nobody likes you!

Over it

Oh could I be so lucky? Get rid of Dave Hester ... be still my heart. Make the show a million times more enjoyable without his annoying pompous arrogant persona and that darn "yuuup". Please please please get rid of him.

MeesHoney

I hope they don't even offer to renew the contract. NOBODY likes Dave. Well...maybe a few people, but the show would be better without him. He's such an arrogant tool. Not to mention, A&E could get him for free. He still shows up to the auctions, he's going to be there anyways. Paid by A&E or not. And isn't The First 48 their most successful show? I love that show!!!

Rlowe

I can't stand this arrogant little man. He gets on my ever lasting nerve.

MajorWoody

Watching this guy week after week, where he grossly overvalues 2nd hand stuff while doing his locker inventory, and shows little regard for anyone else, makes me wonder why anyone would ever patronize his stores. I'm sure the prices on his junk are higher than if you bought the stuff new. Does he really think that there is a market for people buying yuuuup hats? Newsflash: They can easily find dozens of replacements for Hester, so hopefully he sticks to his guns and leaves!!!

BEN DECO

He is a tool and should be dropped from cast to teach him a lesson for playing hardball when he has no balls

Soozee

Dave claims that he has a "million dollar" business, so he doesn't need Storage Wars, right?

Grouchy Smurf

The prices Dave quotes on the junk in the lockers is unrealistic. It's usually more than the retail price of the item... and yet he sells it in a thrift store. He got the idea of opening up a thrift store when he was convicted of drunk driving and sentenced to community service working in a goodwill store.

Fallopia Lopez

F him.

Dustin

Looking at the comments I think it's safe to say no one really cares if he leaves. Sorry bud, people have to actually like you before you can demand a bigger pay day on fake reality shows.

Ray

Hester says he wasn't even invited to A&E's Christmas party, that's because no-one likes you!!

Cheryl A.

I don't understand how he can sound so nice to your photog and be such as ass on the show. He is obnoxious and so full of himself. I also don't like the way Jarod treats Brandi and WHY doesn't she kick him in the nuts just once? The only cast member I really like is Barry because he does not get involved with the fighting and name calling among the rest of the cast. He is a pleasure.

andy

I certainly don't, and won't, set my schedule around the airing of this show. But, I have watched a couple of episodes. And, this Dave Hester character is by far the most annoying of the group, bar none. His attitude seems to be abysmal and toxic, at best. He's an idiot to think that his presence would be radically impactful, or even necessary for the continued "health" of the show. People far more important to their given show have complained about their monetary offer, only to be given a quick exit when the upper brass decides that they've heard enough.
BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU'VE GOT, AND BE QUIET!!!!!!

Debs626

Most likely he wasn't invited to the Christmas party because he's a complete ass, cannot stand him, no big loss if he's not on the show.

Big D

Who cares, if you like this type of show it really doesn't matter who is in it.