Amber Portwood

Jailhouse Letter to Brother:

Cops Are Afraid I'll Shiv Someone

1/10/2012 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood Jailhouse LetterPolice don't even trust Amber Portwood with a pen -- this according to a letter the "Teen Mom" wrote from inside jail, claiming cops are only willing to give her a special flexible writing utensil ... designed to prevent stabbings.

Prisoner-proof pens are pretty standard issue inside the clink ... but according to Amber's letter -- obtained by TMZ -- she's still freaked out people think she's a danger to society ... and she'll end up in prison.

Amber writes, "I don't think I'll ever take this sh*t for granted. I'm really scared I'm going to prison ... All I think about is Leah and how she needs a ro-model (sic)."

She adds, "I am a good person and I pray that I can change my life."

Amber wrote the letter to her brother last month -- after she was thrown in an Indiana jail for drug possession and failing to provide a urine test (a stipulation of her probation).

She's scheduled to appear in court on January 27 for her probation violation hearing. She faces two years behind bars.

taylor

It's not just her they don't trust anyone with pens...

just over it

TRAIN WECK DUMB BITCH WHAT A MOM

Brooke

Wow. It's not even that she's just a bad speller, she thinks the word is "ro-model". I could understand if she spelled it "roll" model or something, but she doesn't know the word "role" is even in there.

Kim

Why is her brother giving a personal letter from his sister to the Media...... Publicity Stunt.... that's all it is.

KaySo

Well i guess I'll say it; I blame Teen Mom for creating this monster. Maybe this is really the person she is but i think reality TV plays a BIG part in her actions. Way to go MTV mission accomplished

georgiegirl

How many chances do these criminals get....she was already on probation for a previous crime, and now this. She should get the 5 years, plus the 2 years for violating probation. She should have thought about her daughter sooner.

Bre

REALY? everybody is saying how stupid she is and crap , but people do **** like this EVERYDAY , Not just her. And don't say it's because she's a mother , there are far worse mother's out there , yet you decide to say these things about her ? wow.

Joseffa

I really hope she gets over her problems and turns happy again. She and her kid need a safe environment. tresore

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3