David Cross

TRASHES Chipmunks Movie --

Slams 'Jewish' Producer

1/10/2012 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0110_david_cross_still
David Cross claims his new movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" is a piece of theatrical GARBAGE ... and blames the disaster on a Jewish producer who personifies negative stereotypes about Jews.

Cross went on "Conan" last night ... and said filming the movie was "the most miserable experience I've ever had in my professional life" -- claiming the producer forced him at "legal point" to spend a week on a cruise ship, filming scenes in a massive full-body pelican costume (below).

011012_filming_chipmunks_tmzCross then attacked an unnamed female "Chipmunks" producer ... saying she was "the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews."

In the end, Cross -- who also starred in the first two "Chipmunks" films -- urged viewers NOT to see the movie ... saying the whole thing is nothing more than a "big commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines."

Miss Greta

He should know about garbage. Ever see his todd margaret show? Now that's theatrical rubbish.

Joao

The guy makes ONE comment with the word JEW and speaks the truth and suddenly [but not surprisingly] TMZ the epicenter of racial and anti-Christian stereotypes accuse the man of ATTACKING the JAP

bkwardstraveler

"...whole thing is nothing more than a "big commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines." ".

And "Cast Away" was nothing but a commercial for Fed EX and "You've Got Mail" was for AOL. We get it.

Brian

Janice Karman, not Karmen.

Joseph Diehl

Yeah chipmunks and everything else made today is garbage

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Carnival is pretty bad. Our ship would not allow passengers to go from the thrid floor to the third floor. It would not allow one to get from the back of the ship to the front, or vice versa WITHOUT taking an elevator to the 5th floor, walking through the casino, then taking an elevator back to the floor from which you came.

Aside from that, the cruise had bad food and an offensive, idiot cruise director. After the cruise, Carnival tried to sell us some used mattresses ("Fun Beds"!!).

Celebrity is far better value, though not as good as its pre-Royal Caribbean days.

freaksloan

David Cross is nothing but a Hollywood Liberal Nutbag.

Mimi

TMZ, seriously, stop making a big deal everytime someone mentions the word "Jew". Not everything is anti-semitic.

Joe

I refuse to see that movie and the 2nd as they are both craptastic and now degrading the humor to a below 7th grade level.

give me a freakin break

David Cross is an elitist. This isn't the only movie production he has trash-talked. The guy will make a movie, and the elitist stand-up comedian side of him feels immediate remorse. Sort of like he does it for the money, but is embarrassed that he did it. The guy used to be awesome on Mr. Show and other stuff, now he's just another atheist type. I really despise, and hate the existence of you freaking atheists. If it was up to me, you guys wouldn't even be living on this planet.

Hassan

I saw this last night. He was just being funny, relax Harvey...

wiptidoo

REALLY?!! Wow what a way to tank what little career he had making movies. He is a big nobody and acts like movie-makers "owe" him something. What a piece of trash. Pay me half of what this twit made and I would gladly be on a cruise ship in a pelican suit. So many people jobless and hurting for money and this fool complains about having to "work" on a horrible movie on a "cruise"????!! What a JERK, piece of snobby trash!

CB2

I really appreciated that Conan immediately changed the subject when David Cross made the poor choice of comments. I've always found David Cross to be incredibly funny (although did not see Chipwrecked) but his public comments towards this producer showed him to be unprofessional and mean-spirited towards Jewish people.

GBeach

Don't need to see your show to cruise with Carnival. Used them twice and plan on continuing using them.

Barbara

First let's get one thing straight. This is a kid’s movie, not at all geared towards adults. My kids wanted to see it, so I took them. They were entertained throughout and I didn't want to slice my wrists when it was over so all in all, I call it a success. Also, I think TMZ was just reporting what they saw; after all they are in the entertainment biz. Geez people, get a grip. If you can do better, start your own show or stop griping. I love Harvey and his gang.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments