David Cross

TRASHES Chipmunks Movie --

Slams 'Jewish' Producer

1/10/2012 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0110_david_cross_still
David Cross claims his new movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" is a piece of theatrical GARBAGE ... and blames the disaster on a Jewish producer who personifies negative stereotypes about Jews.

Cross went on "Conan" last night ... and said filming the movie was "the most miserable experience I've ever had in my professional life" -- claiming the producer forced him at "legal point" to spend a week on a cruise ship, filming scenes in a massive full-body pelican costume (below).

011012_filming_chipmunks_tmzCross then attacked an unnamed female "Chipmunks" producer ... saying she was "the personification of what people think about when they think negatively about Jews."

In the end, Cross -- who also starred in the first two "Chipmunks" films -- urged viewers NOT to see the movie ... saying the whole thing is nothing more than a "big commercial for Carnival Cruise Lines."

Chuck

I liked the first season of Todd Margaret, but now I'll skip the new season. What a dirtbag.

msg

My kid loved movie! I wasn't totally bored either so it was a win/win (especially after Puss which was so boring). I bet he made tons of money so stop complaining already when half the people I know are out of work and would happily walk around in a bird suit for $100!

Mayu

I know someone who will be waiting in the unemployment line when everyone else is getting paid for the next Chipmunks movie. I think after this, there will be a number of producers (Especially Jewish ones) who will laugh when he auditions for a role in their movie. Dude got paid for this "piece of garbage". In this economy, he should just be happy he HAS a job that pays, smile and shut the hell up.

honesty

Insulting producers who make sure you have a job in Hollywood, is biting the hand that feeds you. Not very smart.

Snowman with a Turnip Nose

I've hated everything chipmunks-related for as long as I can remember. Consequently hearing that people who help making more of that annoying crap have a horrible time is making me happy. Couldn't care less about the "Jew baiting". "Obvious troll is obvious" as the young folks say.

Kelly

Are you serious? This is a family/children movie. I went opening weekend with my husband and 5 year old son and had a BLAST! They need to keep making these clean films and ditch Cross, I'm sure anyone would be willing to dress like a fool for that kind of money...hit me up I'm free :)

craig

no one really cares he said that... this is just a commercial for conan..

kim

Keep religion out of it you Shmuck!

LILSHOWSTOPPA1

HEY GUIS, he's being this way on purpose. it's called show business, you jews of all people should know better.

chichifrogslegs

i thought he was funny. ease up, it wasn't that bad.

Elliot

Hey, Cross -
Just be glad you're working, you talentless hack!
- Sheesh

Kristina

I was on this cruise when they were filming. Some of the kids that were traveling with us were extras and they treated them like crap! They had to stand around all day and were barely fed! When some parents wanted to pull their kid out for they were about to pass out from hunger, they refused!

MP

Gotta love complainers who are pulling in million dollar paychecks.

John

I think basically what David Cross was trying to get at was the woman was nagging him in an unreasonable and stubborn way. I am not sure that that quality is unique to jews, I have seen non-jews act like that too. In saying that I just want to make it clear that I am not anti-jewish and I have love for the jewish people just as I have love for any other group of people that exists on this planet. Jews have both positive and negative stereotypes just like all other groups of people. Nothing wrong with that. All of us have our good and bad points.

sarah

He did not say this in a "joking manner" as some of you have said. He was been a colossal anti-Semite with his words and that audiences response was even worse. Disgusting. Happy Conan changed the subject when and how he did. The fact that this douche lord is being paid to be in films is pathetic when he is so unappreciative. He is lucky anyone even knows who he is - oh yeah its because of these Chipmunk movies. Douche.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments