« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Manny Pacquiao

48 Hours to Decide

If He'll Fight Floyd

1/11/2012 9:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0111_manny_freddie_floyd_EX_01
Manny Pacquiao could decide today or tomorrow whether he will fight Floyd Mayweather Jr. on May 5th -- this according to Manny's trainer.

Freddie Roach just told TMZ Manny and promoter Bob Arum are in the Philippines, figuring out if they can put off several deals to fight other boxers ... to clear the decks for a Mayweather fight in May.

Roach is scoffing at Mayweather's tweet, in which he calls Pacquiao a "punk," saying, "He should look in the mirror. He's been ducking us for 2 years."

As for what weight class Pacquiao will fight Mayweather ... Roach said 147 lbs -- that's the upper limit of welterweight.

Of course, even if Pacquiao can rearrange his schedule, both sides have to agree on a financial deal. Roach says, "We'll do it on even terms."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Rigs

Here you go, this site is a newspaper in the philippines and acoording to it Pacman he is ready.

if you cant understand it just copy and paste it in Google translate.....lol

aslater

I would hope that Mr. Pacquiao wold give Mayweather such a beat down that Mayweather's interview would be from a hospital bed. Mayweather is a no class thug.

Emjay

Pacquiao is a congressman in the Phillipines so he may have other non-boxing commitments that he just cant get out of.

Marie Jacobs

If I was Manny I would tell the sleazy little "puke", to take a flying F*%k, beside isn't this little douchie pig supposed to be serving time for DOMESTIC ABUSE? We all know he can beat up his girlfriends or take cheap shots( Ortiz wa********* him and this LITTLE royal hog didn't like it) when a cheating referee isn't looking or run for cover for 12 rounds, but I don't think I've ever seen him FIGHT anybody. The only way he got to keep his belt is that guys like Mosely went in and bent over for him.

Pete Wells

@Matt, if you want Floyd to KTFO then maybe you should man up & take the test. My bad a boy can't doa man's job.

Jamie

Mayweather looks just like a horse in this picture. Always with his mouth open. He is the punk. I hope Manny kicks his horses a$$.

Pete Wells

I see al crackers in this comment section. Well hate all you want crackers, Floyd's going to do what Floyd does & that's win. Yall praising the child killer Anthony girl but hate on Floyd for a little slapping. I'd rather see a woman slapped a few times then have a child killed. But thats pretty much yall history in killing innocent people, right.

Adonis

Very tough in Twitter, but if confronted live by media he always say - "I didn't say I'm going to fight Manny Pacquaio". Just sign the contract Floyd, and stop bitching. We know how coward you are facing this man.

i'm a lawyer!

please agree to the fight and knock mayweather out.

Toilethead

I hope they knock the hell out of each other. They both need it.

ginny

he won't do it. chicken that he is...
yes wife beater, s*** etc...

laura

I hope Manny knocks the **** out this turd

Daisy

ROACH you made a VERY GOOD POINT! MAY the real PUNK!

Ryan

I WISH I HAD 48 HOURS TO DECIDE IF I WANTED 60-80 MILLION DOLLARS!!

david

Mayweather is the one whos been doing the dodging...hes such a punk...kick his ass Manny

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments