Heather Locklear Hospitalized

For Rx Drugs and Alcohol

1/13/2012 8:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0112_heather_locklear_ex
update_bar
8:00 PM PT:
A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ, Heather was awake and responsive when she arrived today -- and she is currently responding well to treatment. According to the spokesperson, Heather is doing much better now and doctors are hopeful she will be released tomorrow.

We're also told Heather's parents are currently with the actress inside the hospital.

--------------------------------------

Heather Locklear
was taken to the hospital by ambulance Thursday afternoon after taking a dangerous mix of prescription drugs and alcohol ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned ... Locklear's sister called 911 at 2:05 PM PT fearing Heather was in danger.

The fire department, along with the Ventura County Sheriff's Department responded. Paramedics examined Heather and determined she needed to be hospitalized.

This is not the first time Locklear has had a medical emergency where 911 responded. In 2008, her doctor was concerned she may have overdosed on prescription meds. He called 911 and the operator described the situation as a "suicide attempt." It turned out to be a false alarm.

Locklear recently called off her engagement to Jack Wagner.

Heather was at the Lakers game Tuesday night ... hanging with a friend, who was playfully trying to take away her beverage. It's unclear if the drink contained alcohol.

rudy

YEP,, SHE WAS "SUPER" TUFF IN THAT UNIFORM IN HER T.J.HOOKER DAYS... BEST TO HER. . . . .

Christy

She is going to end up being a statistic if she doesn't get some serious help.

deanna

Sambora really screwed her up !!!!!

bring back recent posts

.....I LOVE those grey suede boots!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I'm glad Heather has family around who is able too help her in times of need...I wish her the best...she has a wonderful daughter..time heals all wounds!!!!!!!!!

Wardman3

I agree with a previous poster. I have a sense that it may have to do with her getting older. Obviously there is much more to it that that and I obvsiously do not know her or what goes on her life. I will say that she always had the class to try and stay out of all the papparazzi and media BS that goes on or seems to use media to seek attention

I wish her all the best and hope she figures a way to recover and live a sober productive life. I say this from experience. Fortunately for me, my substance abuse was not high and it stemmed from me never really dealing with my core issue which is anxiety and depression, She does seem to suffer from anxiety and depression, and there are ways to deal and live a wonderful life. I and others are living proof.

tlslsn

Is this another way of getting media attention?

Abe

"It's unclear if the drink contained alcohol."

Of course the drink contained alcohol. Heather Locklear's blood is constantly about 25% alcohol.

People, just let her OD and the world will be done with her!

x

dave

Here is my chance. I'm gonna buy a bottle of vodka and head over there

Swords Woman

She's on the Celebrity Rehab track real fast....Poor thing. She needs a lesson in Step 1 big time.

Becky

Heather you are a gorgeous woman with a beautiful daughter, what are you ding to yourself. You have so much going for you and really need to get help for the sake of your daughter and your life.

suzycreamcheese

yeah? hop on down to texas childrens hospital in houston. There are hundreds of kids who would love to have a healthy body like hers.

MsPittsburgh

Heather will always be stunning in my book and who knows what's been going on in her personal life. I cannot believe the ignorance of some of these posters. Wow..I'm really glad none of you are my neighbors! Show some respect for the woman...she obviously is having some problems and there is no need to be disrespectful to her!

Tony Cordasco

Please let these bleach blond bimbos to their own destruction. And keep us out of the know. If she want's to drink or / and medicate herself to death - let her.

WILL

Hollywood will eat you up and spit you out.

MsPittsburgh

I absolutely love Heather and wish her the best. I cannot believe some of the most ignorant comments on here and I'm certainly glad you are not my neighbors! She obviously has a lot of personal problems going on in her life right now and hope she gets the help she needs. Carl...I believe it was her ambulance you saw today!