Muslim Groups Furious

Over Footage of Marines

Urinating on Corpses

1/12/2012 6:07 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0111_soldiers_EX_01
Muslim organizations across the United States tell TMZ they are outraged by the disturbing footage which appears to show Marines urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban fighters.

"We are appalled by the video" ... a rep for the Muslim Public Affair Council tells us ... adding, "We ask Secretary of Defense Leon Penetta to reprimand these soldiers. These soldiers don’t stand for what our nation and our army and armed forces fight for on a daily basis."

The Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) had a similar opinion -- saying, "We condemn this apparent desecration of the dead as a violation of our nation’s military regulations and of international laws of war prohibiting such disgusting and immoral actions."

CAIR adds, "If verified as authentic, the video shows behavior that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians."

TMZ broke the story ... the U.S. Marine Corps is conducting an investigation into the footage to find out when the video was shot, where it was shot and if the men are indeed U.S. Marines.

rayray

I guess I most be getting morbid at my age. But I really dont five a flying F******* of what the muslims think. Yes we need to show respect.. But when 9/11 came around, they did not give a RATS A@@ for the USA. So to bad so sad..

dkm909

Isn't urinating in public considered a registrable sex offense? These men are therefore, child molesters.

Laura

Who gives a ****...I'd pee on them too.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Pointing out the "bad" guy's bad behavior, doesn't justify the "good" guy's bad behavior.

When you behave like the enemy, you weaken your moral high-ground.

RW

Let's ask CAIR, who by the way are co conspirators in the largest terrorist funding case in American history, what they thought about our servicemen being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu....Oh what you have nothing to say....oh..then shut the F*ck Up!

Meanie

Muzzies get pissed off about everything. Ho hum.

Firefly

Why do the muslims and everyone from somewhere else come here in the first place if all they want to do is bring there form of Religion and their way of life here and stomp all over our freedoms and try to change our laws to accommodate them? Stay in your own countries and stop trying to change our country. We use to all get along, all the different religions until this thing called PC came along. Now no one can say anything without affending anyone. If you come here play by our rules or don't come at all!

cindy

Are you saying it is OK for Taliban to cut the heads off our soldiers then drag their bodies through town? I would have pissed on them while they were alive too.

Metalgerm

I love how they talk about the international laws of war...how about the other side, do they follow the same laws? I love how we have to follow these laws and when we slip up like above, they are all on our ****e. But our enemies don't follow these laws, how about the muslims talk about that...

Sambora

So..just to be clear. The muslim organizations are fine that we killed them, though? That would be a step in the right direction.

ManiacalZebra

We were beyond appalled by 9/11, but that was supposed to be the just actions of a few, right? What do you think the odds are that all Americans are being condemned in certain countries because of the actions of a few, while those countries condemned us for condemning large groups because of the actions of a few. Do as I say, not as I do?

Carlos

Gee , I'm also outraged and furious when Muslims homicide bombers kill innocent men, women and children! And the bomb Christian churches and perform the inhumane act of chopping someones head off! Yet I rarely see any Muslim group speak against these acts.They all keep silent! WHY?

LAWRENCE

I wonder if Harvey jerked off to the real picture without their tool's being blurred out. Five bucks says he did.

creeolina

It's Leon PANETTA, not Penetta. Watch your spelling. It hurts your credibility.

Jamie

Oh give me a break!!! Do you think this is the worst thing that has happened during this war with the camel jockeys? You send these boys over there to kill these guys - but you are appalled that they peed on the dead bodies? It doesn't bother anyone that they KILLED these guys, just that they are peeing on them. Leave it alone! They did what they did when they did it and that is all. I don't think its "unbecoming". I think its just what happens in war.