Tila Tequila

I'm Turning Into a Jew!!

1/13/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tila Tequila is a jew?
Tila Tequila
is converting to Judaism ... seriously ... and for once, she swears she's not just after some cheap publicity.

TMZ has learned Tequila has been taking classes at a NY temple to begin the conversion process ... and even skipped Christmas this year to focus on change.

We spoke with the former MTV reality star about the situation and she explained, "As time passed, I started to become more and more fascinated with Kabbalah, the culture, and the way of life of the reform Judaism religion."

And even though she starred in a sex tape, Tequila says ... "I feel Orthodox is a little hardcore for me at this stage."

Tila adds, "I just feel like the Jewish people have such a beautiful way about them, and I can't wait to officially be Jewish! Shabbat Shalom."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

elinor

Tila, Im shocked when i saw this. judaism is amazing but please dont make a joke out of it. its harder than u think! we have rules and ways of acting . Im really happy you think of us this way but please dont do anything that will embaress the jewish religion. Thank you

ladyofargonne

The only thing more offensive than this idea is the graphic that TMZ created for it. Does it make you feel good about yourself Harvey? We don't want you either.

Andrew

In traditional Judaism a Rabbi was supposed to turn down a Gentile's request to convert to Judaism three times first, and if he came back a fourth time then maybe take him seriously. Maybe it's time to reinstate that rule and see if Tila will even knock on the Rabbi's door a second time, much less a fourth.

jew boy

"I feel Orthodox is a little hardcore for me at this stage." REALLY ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVdwIKIHMBg

David Graham Scott

and now she's a Nazi

Ragnar

Poor thing. Doesn't she know that you have to come out of a jewish **** in order to be a REAL jew. Are they a religion? Or are they a race? Answer: Whichever is more convenient at the time.

david