Urinating Marines Identified

7 Battalion Members

Had Been Killed in Action

1/13/2012 5:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0112_marines_BN_02
The U.S. Marines Corps has identified all four of the men seen urinating on the corpses of insurgent fighters in a viral video that emerged this week ... and they are all part of a sniper team based in North Carolina.

According to reports, all four members belong to the 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, which returned to the U.S. last fall after a tour in Afghanistan ... after 7 members of the 1,000-person battalion were killed in action.

So far, the names of the men have not been released.

CBSNews.com reports the men had been showing off the video as a "war trophy" at their home base in Camp Lejeune in NC.

At least two of the Marines have been interviewed by USMC officials -- but are not being detained.

A rep for the White House says President Barack Obama is aware of the video -- but would not say if he has actually seen it yet.

Hillary Clinton has condemned the video -- calling the action "deplorable behavior."

cbk

they should've just cut off their heads. Muslims don't seem to mind that.

charlie partana

this is what war does to people. turns them into pyschopaths. who pisses on dead people? thats sick man...imagine whats being done to them before they kill these people

Mark

Semper Fi Marines. They deserve a medal for there service.

Debbie Alexander

What is deplorable is the Taliban cutting our military and innocent citizens head off, because they don't believe in our religion. That is deplorable. Why is it that everything we do to them is deplorable but everything brutal that they do to us is just "religion" & ok?

GOLLY

Is anyone else wondering if Kim Kardashian got turned on looking at the picture?

Noyankee

The best thing about America is that, if you don't like it, you can always leave. Judging snipers judges you.

snowcat

This may make me sound like an *******,but I really have no problem with soldiers pissing on dead Al-Quaida members.They were celebrating and rejoicing when 3000 people were killed at Ground Zero.

anon

"They attack us because of our freedom". Yeah right; those guys are sick pieces of sh*t and don't represent America.

me

****THESE ARE GOING TO BE THE SAME GUYS THAT ARE GOING TO COME BACK HOME AND DO STUPID STUFF AND TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT(JUST BLAME IT ON THE WAR)FOR ALL THE SICK PEOPLE JUSTIFING THIS BEHAVIOUR. JUST WAIT THE CHICKEN WILL COME HOME TO ROOST.

Rita

To all of you haters. Shut up. You have no idea what it is like over there, and how horrible it can be. These corpses are the same people that aided in killing there brothers. I'd love to see all of you haters and judgers to pick up a rifle with my fellow Marines and see what it's like! Semper Fi guys. Next time just don't put it in the wrong hands. Oh and how many of you loved and supported all the people butchering Sadams corpes and his country, but that was ok. Yeah I thought so. Semper Fi do or die!

Flower

I find Hillary Clinton pretty deplorable, myself. What to have the right to find fault with these men? Go do what they are doing, then you can talk.

onelove627

Maybe if we reinstated the draft and didn't think we needed to go to war with every country out there we wouldn't have these over stressed, emotional young men doing this kind of stuff. war does strange things to you.

Liz

As a military wife, I have to be honest, I dont feel BAD these people live to destroy America and our men and women who serve. Terrorist blew up thousands and thousands of our innocent people and our troops keep getting deployed for longer periods of times. BS on Obama pulling the troops, he is just putting them somewhere else. I can expect these troops going crazy after a while. They pissed on them, they could of done worst!

Allison

There is no excuse for them to do something like that :(

Kyle Beasnoir

Yeah, when I was over there in 04-05 (another sniper unit) I popped 2 camel jocks taking a dump together out in plain site at 800 yards. When the first guy fell the other guy couldn't get his pants up fast enough to high tail it out of there. My spotter was laughing his ass off but I took in a breath of air relaxed and took him out right as he had his pants up to his waist. War is brutal and until you can figure out how to speedline human evolution, thank a soldier for doing the messy things that you yourself won't do. Have a nice day yall!