Golden Globes

Did Ricky Gervais

Just Out Jodie Foster?

1/16/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0115_globes_foster
Ricky Gervais basically called Jodie Foster a lesbian at the Golden Globes tonight.

It all went down during the opening monologue, when Gervais said he had been forbidden from discussing anything related to Mel Gibson, including his recent flick, "The Beaver" ... directed by Foster.

Gervais then joked about "Jodie Foster's 'Beaver'" ... saying, "I haven't seen it myself. I've spoken to a lot of guys here, they haven't seen it either. That doesn't mean it's not any good."

Foster -- who was in the crowd -- didn't appear to be too upset by the comment. She's never publicly discussed her sexual orientation.

So we gotta ask ...

GOD

Is it a secret she is a carpet muncher?

MrR

Its to late now,they let the beaver out of the barn.

bored

are you serious, he being a lesbian is the oldest news in the world.

panchang810

TMZ! WTF?!!! Either your reporters are plain moronic or just plain stupid. Jodie, who's one OF THE BEST actresses of all time and a super cool person has outed herself years ago so what's your point in making a news out of this c r a p piece of junkie article? Besides, it's Ricky Gervais so what's shocking about his outrageous jokes? Even Jodie just laughed it off!!! TMZ badly needs to hire NEW REPORTERS.

bunny

Wow, she looks younger and prettier than she did in Silence of the Lambs.

R

The facts are: Jodie is a known lesbian and if you're just finding that out that is not my problem and there were way more p e n i s jokes than the one joke about "beaver" so where's that story?

kade madison

No reason to "out" her. She has pretty much been out. How lame is TMZ and Ricky for this?

BC

If im a so called "prude" for demanding respect from the men in my life then the world is in a more sorry state than i thought! You people have no clue. But i guess that's not your fault. Your mama's "raised" you that way. And God knows, the media hasnt helped! (as you can see).

pal

i never seen jodie fosters beaver , but i sure would like too, id pet it & rub it, i bet its cute

robin

She was with 2 small boys. I don't know who they were but he should have cut the beaver line. I don't think the little pusshead is remotely funny.

Tookie Topbox

That's not news. Everyone knows Jodie likes the chicks...so? Big deal!
Next story please.

Lady Dred

we live in a sociaty where everything is accepted, including hurting ones feelings. thats too bad that you have to be funny at the cost of others

Dara

I don't understand why this was even written. Everyone knows - she's been "out" for years - she just doesn't make a big deal out of it. I think we're so used to the gays making a big deal of themselves, it's "weird" when there's a normal one. lol

emrobs

Pretty sure he was making a crack out that terrible movie she and Mel Gibson were in, "The Beaver." Yeah, the one no one saw....

Mike Montealegre

Not really--Hearing Jodie Foster and 'Beaver' in the same sentence is nice once in awhile--Don't know if I'll hit it though--Nahh who am I kidding?!--Yeah--I'd still hit that.. XD