Golden Globes

Did Ricky Gervais

Just Out Jodie Foster?

1/16/2012 11:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0115_globes_foster
Ricky Gervais basically called Jodie Foster a lesbian at the Golden Globes tonight.

It all went down during the opening monologue, when Gervais said he had been forbidden from discussing anything related to Mel Gibson, including his recent flick, "The Beaver" ... directed by Foster.

Gervais then joked about "Jodie Foster's 'Beaver'" ... saying, "I haven't seen it myself. I've spoken to a lot of guys here, they haven't seen it either. That doesn't mean it's not any good."

Foster -- who was in the crowd -- didn't appear to be too upset by the comment. She's never publicly discussed her sexual orientation.

So we gotta ask ...

rsmik

She never hid so she never had to come out

Palm Beach, FL

Why does the states keep this guy as an MC of any award show...
He's certainty not funny, he does cringe comedy that makes
people in the audience super uncomfortable and he needs to see a orthodontia's. Get rid of him!!!!!

Politico Pablo

Best joke of the night because few have ever seen it. Cheers.

Cujeaux

Funniest line was not being allowed to make fun of Giblitz. I have no doubt it's true.
I'm Tebowing a loss for Clooney. He will no doubt be as smug and self referential as that old lady Madonna.

Dazedface

The Golden Globes needs more Ricky... where did he go?

peoplearesilly

Oh for crying out loud. How can you be "outted" when everyone already knows? I get sick of all of this nonsense. It doesn't matter. What a dumb story.

JMurph

I felt badly for her...she brought her kids as her dates. I don't think her kids should have been there to start with but it was very tasteless of him to joke about her sex life in such a public forum before her children.

Michael

It's not already public knowledge? I don't find him funny at all. I don't think it was offensive. He's just not funny to me.

Zach Swan

If anyone outed Jodie Foster, it was TMZ in this article. Ricky's lines were crafted perfectly. You guys are the ones saying it (not that everyone doesn't already know it...)

Anon

Not only did he not out Jodie, Jodie handled the joke with total class and humor.

Scott

Hm... First time I saw this article the poll question WASN'T "did gervais cross the line".

Wish TMZ were more transparent.

R

Everyone knows she's a lesbian just like everyone knows Harvey is short.

Julies

Her kids were there...awkward. She's so cool, though, didn't seem to faze her.

Mary Fournier

Jodie Foster deserves to be outed. Enough already! Even her kids were laughing, it's one of the oldest jokes in Hollywood.

At this point, coming out would probably revive her career. Who is she kidding anyway?

Steinberg

heres the thing about British people. They're typically not funny. They are funny to British people. but some have good material, it's just their delivery. They sound like retarded Bostonians.