Elton John's Hubby

SLAMS MADONNA

You're Desperate & Narcissistic

1/16/2012 7:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Furnish
Elton John's husband David Furnish LASHED OUT at Madonna following her victory speech at the Golden Globes last night ... saying it was "embarrassing in its narcissism."

Moments after Madge won the statue for Best Original Song, Furnish went to his Facebook page and WENT OFF ... writing, "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!"

For the record -- Elton was nominated in the same category and seemed pissed off in the crowd when Madonna's name was read.

But David continued on Facebook ... writing, "Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in it's narcissism. And her critisism of Gaga shows how desperate she really is."

Elton seemed particularly bitter towards Madonna BEFORE the awards ... telling one reporter on the red carpet he believed Madge had no "f**kin' chance" of emerging victorious.

011612_madonna_still 0116_madonas_launch

mark

I don't mind her winning...but WOW...there was so much "ME" "MY" "I" in her speech. "While I was filming MY movie"..."while I was directing MY movie"...."After I finished with MY movie...I then blah blah blah". I am sure there were many others involved in YOUR movie...but there you go....all about her. You want class....look at Chris Plummers speech...or Michelle Williams...now that is class!

Juan

When the camera flashed to Elton he didn't really seem all that pissed off to me. Maybe I'm wrong but when Elton is pissed everyone can tell. I just don't see it.

Bob

Success bothers those who are not capable...

panchang810

If a woman is talented, feisty, rich, independent, self-confident, opinionated and speaks her mind fearlessly she's a bitch and has no class. But if the same attributes are said of men they are respected and alluded as great. WTF!!!

Madonna is ahead of her time, multi-talented, fearless and highly opinionated. She is a highly disciplined artist and has such a strong sense of independence and self-confidence which are attributes of strong women. Because of these, Madonna makes herself a clear target of hate and criticism. Whatever bitter hateful remarks her haters throw at her, she has already etched a strong mark in her industry and has already elevated her status to the pantheons of the living legends in the entertainment industry. She's a fashion icon/trendsetter whether her haters like her sense of fashion or not particularly in the 80s and 90s (which the likes of Gaga etc. even copy), she's a song writer, music and film producer, film director and whathaveyou so the woman for the last three decades has been a strong force to reckon with. Her fearless sense of independence and strong self-confidence have made a lot of people in their industry fear her and even hate her precisely why she's viewed as a bitch. But is she even flinching? I don't think so.

As a woman, I admire strong, successful women like Madonna. I only view her haters as envious and shallow, bitter haters who may not even have nor possess even a tinge of Madonna's success and wealth. I'm just sayin'.

Skip

Elton doesn't even write ANY of his own lyrics. What a little bitch!

Tellthetruth59

They're both self-absorbed, self-important, stomach churning narcissistic old hags. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Elton. At least his British accent is real.

pandora

I like Elton and I like Madonna but honestly what David said about "how these awards have nothing to do with merit" is pretty true. How many people on here have heard the song? Better yet who saw the movie Madonna directed? Not I and I would be none of you did either.

luen brown

without all the studio help madonna is hilarious trying to hold a note live!! thank goodness someone told her to lose the leotards. Go GA=GA the real star!!!

Bubo22

Elton John is a washed up fat queen his flame went out like a candle in the wind a long time ago. And his pet leather chick/man is a nobody so maybe he should have kept that mussel on. Madonna is no better but these old chicks need to go away.

william

Madonna is the queen, elton,her husband and gaga are ****

william

who they are against the queen of pop, just two silly jelous people, just ..Madonna the queen

VANESSA

Madonna- She soooooo FAKE - Having a false or misleading
APPEARANE -AUTHENTIC!!!!

Denese

Personalties aside, Masterpiece is the better song. Hello Hello is just Elton and Lady Gaga singing "Hello, hello. My my what have we here" over and over again. Compared to Lion King, Elton coasted thru this one and he knows it.

dw

give Madonna a break....she is a great artist and the fact that people still talk about her proves she is still on top....elton is just a pathetic jealous excuse for a human....even after slamming her, and Madonna knew what she said, she said she still adored him. That is CLASS....and Madonna was just being herself in her speech and was being funny..GET OVER IT!!

Doushe bag guy calls everyone reta retards

All you guys are retards who like retarded music