Kid Rock

Sorry I Was Smoking ...

But I Was Really Drunk!

1/16/2012 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_kidrock_BN_01Kid Rock says he's VERY sorry for lighting up a fat stogie at a non-smoking venue during a Travis Tritt show in Detroit on Friday ... saying he was way too hammered to know better.

Rock was in the audience at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, MI -- when he fired up a cigar about 15 minutes into the show.

It's not only against the law to smoke at bars in MI -- but it REALLY pissed off a 58-year-old asthmatic man who was in the audience. The man says he plans to file a report with the health dept.

Rock says he feels really bad about the situation ... saying, "My most sincere apologies to the patrons I may have offended, and a big middle finger in advance to all the haters and attorneys who will somehow try to find an easy paycheck in all this."

Rock says he had been drinking pretty heavily at the time -- and explains, "I doubt I'm the first one to ever make a bad decision while being intoxicated."

And he won't be the last.

Calonzap

OH YEAH!!!! Being drunk is a real good excuse. What a jerk-off.

Kari

So...being intoxicated is a valid excuse to him? Is this what we are to tell our children? It's ok--I was intoxicated? I like Kid Rock--he seems like a genuinely nice guy...but I also think he is getting a bit old to act like this. This can't be easy for his child.

UPYOURS

Well then, here's a suggestion, if you cannot control yourself when drunk, don't get drunk. Simple, easy, and not likely to happen.

janja

when is he going on celeb rehab?

3Storms

Why does he still go by that stupid name? He neither rocks nor is he a kid.

Nicole

This happened at the Travis Tritt concert in Warren, MI on 1/13/12. I was in the audience for this concert and from what I saw it looked like this guy in the audience was the only one who had a problem with the cigar smoke. I never once saw anyone get up to leave the concert because of the smoke if anything this light up just gave this older cowboy a reason to get up and have a conversation with the Kid. At the end of the concert Kid Rock did get up and had a talk with the guy and looked like they made up.

tgrfan42069

nothing but white trash red neck wannabe

Minerva

Alcohol brings out the finest in us all. Maybe you should save your lights out drinking for behind closed doors. Look Charlie up he'd probably party hardy with you and the goddesses.

BOB

F#ck You Kid Rock,,,Grow up,Your so called MUSIC S#CKS

Sherms

Love him!

stargazer

Not sure why this is even a story. You haven't been able to smoke at places out here in CA for quite some time and people still light up all the time. I'm willing to bet that many of them aren't even drunk, they just do it out of habit. Plenty of other celebrities have done the exact same thing. People are out enjoying themselves and don't think about it, especially if they have been drinking. Funny how people are making such a huge deal over this, when you can go to any concert and be surrounded by dozens of people smoking pot. He put it out right after lighting it and didn't make a big scene about it or anything. There are plenty of others who feel entitled (cough*LindsayLohan*cough) and make a big scene if they're told to put their cigarette out, when they're somewhere that doesn't allow smoking.

barney

Instead of being self centered jerk pretending to be tough,who in reality is a wimpy little *****.He needs to say he was wrong and then shut his big ******** mouth.

jason

Oh a big middle finger was raised all right. And it was directed at all the patrons sitting around him that night. I'm afraid the "I was hammered" excuse wont fly here. Clearly this was all about Mr. Kidd and his "I don't give a **** attitude."

Ozzie X

I hung out with Ricky and he was drunk. You people try to make news out of nothing. TMZ scrapes the bottom of the barrel to stay relevent.

Adam Michael Carr

I'm always drunk, cuz I gotta get high, cuz the greatest guitar player needs inspiration.... still can't get a date.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments