Kid Rock

Sorry I Was Smoking ...

But I Was Really Drunk!

1/16/2012 10:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116_kidrock_BN_01Kid Rock says he's VERY sorry for lighting up a fat stogie at a non-smoking venue during a Travis Tritt show in Detroit on Friday ... saying he was way too hammered to know better.

Rock was in the audience at the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom in Warren, MI -- when he fired up a cigar about 15 minutes into the show.

It's not only against the law to smoke at bars in MI -- but it REALLY pissed off a 58-year-old asthmatic man who was in the audience. The man says he plans to file a report with the health dept.

Rock says he feels really bad about the situation ... saying, "My most sincere apologies to the patrons I may have offended, and a big middle finger in advance to all the haters and attorneys who will somehow try to find an easy paycheck in all this."

Rock says he had been drinking pretty heavily at the time -- and explains, "I doubt I'm the first one to ever make a bad decision while being intoxicated."

And he won't be the last.

Tammy-I'm the one

If you go to a concert, you should expect people to party. Thats what concerts are all about. Go the the Opera if you want a formal gathering!

Dee Bootea

Get over it! How many shows have you gone to where people are smoking all kinds of things in the audience. We all sneak them if we can. Had it been you or I, we would have simply been thrown out. Now then, if he does something like Bill did, that I wanna read about, shoot, Id prolly buy the video!!! <3 Bobby

Tammy-I'm the one

Danielle

I am not sure how the asthmatic man can go out in public if Rock's stogie bothered him so bad, car exhaust is worse than smoke from a cigar. You people have think it is ok to hate smokers, I mean hate the person themselves because they smoke, remind me of a bunch of hitler's.

jrcole

he needs to grow and quit drinking and partying kid rock is just a name he is not a kid anymore grow up

David

If second hand smoke kills, then the smokers have made the right choice.

BillyBurke

It's funny that this is even news.

Any of you readers ever go to a concert in the 70;s or 80's?

Everybody was smoking something and it was no big deal.

Until just a few years ago, the only place it was illegal to smoke in Virginia was if you were in line in a grocery store... You could smoke walking around the store but not in line...

Any of you whiners ever been to Warren Michigan?

If you've been to Warren and if you've seen Travis Tritt and if you have ever had a buzz maybe you can understand the Kid maybe might maybe just forgot and fired up a stogie...

Far worse than this being "News" is the amount of people who comment in such a violent and negative manner...

Head on down to the smoking section of the Waffle House and say something to the Kid about his smoking...

Kym dowling

Please I doubt the asthmatic man even got a second hand smoke, let alone harm him! Bob richie I love u just the way u are

Was sitting behind him at the show- that was not a cigar he was smoking!

Fallopia Lopez

He is SO gross. Somehow, he's allowed to be a celebrity.

powell

**** you haters i have a middle finger for you ****s ,yah i did here anything about kid stopping on hes why out and nealing down at the little girl wheelchair for a picture . and uncle kracker you rock ,thank for the hand shake see you in indy , kid rock and uncle kracker ,rock on

clayhinson

oops

DebraWallick

oh please how can you say that i pick on him but hes the closes thing to a man i seen yea he dont get it all right do you,i know i dont hell iam a red neck and i say u go kid u got to love him for real

DebraWallick

everyone is lookig for easy money u made yourself so iam sure u know what to do i know your still a kid but i got faith in u good luck and may god bless u in the things u do

GERRI

I haven't heard anyone complaining about or giving any of the money back that Kid Rock has so freely given to Detroit and the rest of the country and the world (big contribution to Haiti) during hard times and disasters. WTF? People. Why so hateful and mean? Love a little once in a while.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments