Anthony Bourdain

RIPS Paula Deen --

She's a Diabetic Scam Artist!

1/17/2012 4:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0117_anthony_bouradain_deen_tmz_BN
Anthony Bourdain is putting Paula Deen ON BLAST -- mocking the butter-loving chef for poisoning Americans with unhealthy food ... and now trying to profit off of their illness.

In an ultra-transparent Twitter attack -- Bourdain wrote, "Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later."

The "Kitchen Confidential" author is presumably pissed that Deen -- who built an empire off her high-fat, high-sugar recipes -- announced she has diabetes ... and subsequently revealed she's become a paid spokeswoman for a diabetes medication.

There are reports ... Deen knew about her diabetes for years -- but continued to hock her recipes on her Food Network cooking show, while secretly negotiating the endorsement deal.

Obviously, Bourdain sees a serious conflict of interest in Deen's behavior.

And it's not the first time Bourdain went for the jugular with Paula -- just last year, he called Deen the "most dangerous person to America" who's "proud of the fact that her food is f**king bad for you."

AMANDA

Paula didnt cause Americas Unhealthy Food Problem!!! Americans have been eating unhealthy for 50 yrs or more, so If that Dumbass Excuse for a Man wants to blame someone, he should Blame Fast Food Restaurants Ect......

JiLL1

So at this point people still need to be *told* high fat, high sugar diets are bad for you .

sasha

Anthony Bourdain........is a dumba$$!
It's not her recipes...remember its volume control that plays the most part in a.o.d. ......learn, Bourdain, when to shut the f up

Tammy

Who doesn't know that high-fat, high-sugar foods are bad for you? Did people actually believe that they're healthly just because Paula Deen said so? As for diabetes, it CAN be about food OR genetics as many people eat high-fat, high-sugar foods and don't have diabetes and many eat healthy and do.

bittybaby

I didn't know who either one of these people were until today. Her food recipes sound amazingly .......awful.... goodgawd seriously, beef sandwiched between donuts? Diabetes was just a matter of time for her. Hopefully her viewers are wise and don't load up on her crap recipes on a regular basis. What a pig...

URSilly

I would never make any of her recipes! Butter, Cream, High Fat, High Calorie Sugary Recipes.

NO WAY, love yourself and your family enough to never cook like she does. It is like putting a loaded gun to your head.

I think what she is doing is hypocritical and hurtful to those with diabetes.

I think she hid it because she cares more about her next endorsement and her bottom line then she does about her viewing audience or cookbook buyers.

It says volumes that her own son has gone in a healthier direction with healthier recipes/cooking.

I don't care for her, or her food, therefore, I won'*****ch her programs and I would NEVER buy her FATTENING COOKBOOKS to fatten her wallet.

dee

I love watching Paula Deen but have never once made one of her recipes. The only thing I could think about hardening of the arteries, high cholesterol, diabetes, and dying young, but if she came out with a healthier way to cook her recipes, definitely I'd give them a try.

sherry

I like butter too, and cake, gravy etc. I'm just not going to eat it everyday. Bourdain you are just jealous because we love Paula, and her food! I'ts a cooking show, she doesn't put the food in your mouth. Take what you want from it, I've made some very delicious meals and my family is healthy.

jeff

guess ol anthony wasnt getting enough face time so he opened his mouth...bad move..

give me a freakin break

I love how you idiots are bashing Paula. It shows your ignorance. YOU EAT WHAT YOU WANT AND SUFFER YOUR OWN CONSEQUENCES!!!!! She didn't hold a gun to your head and say eat fatty, cholesterol filled foods did she? NO, YOU MADE YOUR OWN CHOICES.

Lori

Yeesh, what crawled up his ass and died?

Jill

Old people fighting about food and disease. I can get that at Grandma's.

jack-55d79

I have seen him eat deep fried battered Mars Bar on No Reservations. But to be fair the focus of the show is often street food. Which isn't exactly well known for its healthiness. I don't think Paula Deen or Anthony Bourdain significantly influenced peoples diets and there are too many other factors such as food prices, upbringing (attitudes towards food etc), stuff like depression (comfort food, the endorphins) and lifestyle. Loathed to use the word but I suspect obesity and unhealthy diets are holistic problems with no single factor dominant. If anything good has come out of it her diabetes will at least make people think.

sandra

Paula is not making people eat her food or watch her show. If you don't like her recipes don't do them. If you think her show is bad don'*****ch. Stop crying people and blaming everyone else for your eating habits. My God bless and keep you close Paula

Booger McGee

Eesh. They both make money in the food/entertainment business. I'm not sure how his smoking and drinking fit in with blasting anyone else for unhealthy habits? However, I gotta' say he certainly has a point.