Anthony Bourdain

RIPS Paula Deen --

She's a Diabetic Scam Artist!

1/17/2012 4:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0117_anthony_bouradain_deen_tmz_BN
Anthony Bourdain is putting Paula Deen ON BLAST -- mocking the butter-loving chef for poisoning Americans with unhealthy food ... and now trying to profit off of their illness.

In an ultra-transparent Twitter attack -- Bourdain wrote, "Thinking of getting into the leg-breaking business, so I can profitably sell crutches later."

The "Kitchen Confidential" author is presumably pissed that Deen -- who built an empire off her high-fat, high-sugar recipes -- announced she has diabetes ... and subsequently revealed she's become a paid spokeswoman for a diabetes medication.

There are reports ... Deen knew about her diabetes for years -- but continued to hock her recipes on her Food Network cooking show, while secretly negotiating the endorsement deal.

Obviously, Bourdain sees a serious conflict of interest in Deen's behavior.

And it's not the first time Bourdain went for the jugular with Paula -- just last year, he called Deen the "most dangerous person to America" who's "proud of the fact that her food is f**king bad for you."

Raine

Paula is not opening people's mouths and shoveling in food. If you are to fkn stupid to know gobs of butter, sugar and grease are bad for you, then you deserve to be unhealthy.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

You guys, Paula Deen smokes too.

Anyhow, who's going around making Paula Deen food all day, besides Paula Deen?

I'm not at all bothered by her unhealthy recipes, it's not like she tries to pass them off as anything else.

I am, however, bothered that her cookware is made in China.

Porsche Bill

Exactly what I first thought when I heard about it...

Truly, "You are what you eat. "

usc1801

Bourdain is a disgusting pathetic excuse for a human. He's vile, foul-mouthed, ill-mannered, and a total hypocrite for criticizing Paula with smoking and getting drunk on his Travel shows. Bourdain needs to STFU and do society a favor and jump from a bridge.

give me a freakin break

@URsilly- "I think what she is doing is hypocritical and hurtful to those with diabetes." So you call her a hypocrite, YET SHE NEVER STATED HER FOOD WAS HEALTHY. And, to be honest, you're also saying that people with diabetes don't have the intelligence to watch their own diets!
You said yourself that YOU choose what you eat. THE REASON I CALLED PEOPLE IGNORANT, WAS BECAUSE THEY CHOOSE WHAT THEY EAT, NOT PAULA DEEN. So there is no reason to hate her, she, JUST LIKE 1000'S OF OTHER CHEFS, are selling recipes.

URSILLY, YOUR NAME FITS YOU. YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER IMBECILE.

Carol

I could care less what he thinks and as far as what Paula cooks to each his own ..you don't have to eat it,, Wish I had a stick of BUTTER so I could shove it up his nose, My parents are both in their late 90's never had any health issues neither have I and we are from the south where we deep fry everything. I would fry up his mountain oysters for Michelle Obama to eat quit trying to tell us what to eat

URSilly

On one hand, she promotes high fat, high sugary food recipes, then on her other hand, she promotes a drug for diabetics.

No she is not forcing anyone to eat the food or take the drug, but she is being a hypocrite in her career, promoting high carb, sugary fatty foods that are not healthy, then promoting the drug to help one of the health problems that such foods attribute to.

Hypocrisy and I think that is why some people are speaking out. Her Today Show interview came across as shady and I agree with others, it felt like she promotes the bad foods that exacerbate blood sugar issues, and then now promotes the drug to help balance blood sugar.

Choose one, but choosing to promote both, is hypocrisy.
IMO.

She has a pedastal where now she could choose to cook and promote healthy recipes and even recipes for those with a diabetic condition as she claims to have now. She could choose to do good with her standing in the cookbook and TV industry, but if she continues to promote the unhealthy, after she was found to have diabetes, it is like an alcoholic who claims they are rehabilitated, promoting a brand of Tequila.

I am surprised the pharmaceutical drug company who gave her this endorsement deal, even supports her promoting unhealthy cooking.

Yet of course why wouldn't they want her to promote the unhealthy, the more people who get diabetes, the more will need their drug.

UPYOURS

Ouch

AmberRose

So, she gave herself diabetes (a very serious disease) so she could then take medicine that she will be paid to promote? What kind of logic is that? You might not like her. You might not like her food or the way she cooks, but now SHE has diabetes and has to live with it. I don't think anyone would bring that on themselves in order to make money. I think Anthony Bourdain sounds like a bitter, mean and hateful person who has some underlying psychological disorder that compels him to pick on Paula Deen for some unknown, illogical reason. He should have taken the high road and just been silent. The cryptic twitter message was so transparent and it just makes him look like a jerk. Last I checked, Paula Deen has never said a bad word about anyone, even him.

Larry B

It isn't the calories and it isn't the carbs 'cause exercise nullifies those, it sure isn't the butter (drink milk?); BTW processed sugar IS bad 'cause it has been bleached, fumigated, and stripped of it's enzymes nec for proper digestion; NEWSFLASH: it's the FOOD ADDITIVES...

kat

Who Cares what Anthony Bourdain thinks!!! Isn't he a smoker and isn't second hand smoking bad for others. Anthony Bourdain is a fraud trying to get fame. He's a jerk trying to live off of Paula Deen's fame.

Liz

To the tw*twads: Unless you're Type 1 diabetic, which you probably aren't, or is close to someone who is, which you probably aren't...you have NO CLUE what the he** you're talking about. I've been diabetic for 26 years, have been at death's doorstep TWICE with DKA (oh, you probably don't know what that is), CANNOT eat what normal people eat and have to inject myself multiple times a day...for the rest of my life. When your pancreas decides to completely shut down...meaning IT CEASES TO PRODUCE INSULIN AT ALL...give me a call. Til then, stfu...both of you.

msg

I love cooking, cooking shows, etc. and lost respect for Bordain for his obscene comments about Paula Deen months ago - like what she cooks is any of his f'ing business. Keep your mouth shut, idoit, like we care what you think. She is a Southern Cook and was poor and she cooks what she grew up on i.e. Southern Food - she has a pristine rep in SAV and people love her because she's a good person. Bordain has stepped over the line. I won'*****ch him even on Top Chef - NEVER. I am so sick of people being so judgemental while saying they 'care' blah blah. BUTTER in MODERATION! Good grief. Everything in moderation. Enjoy life. Bordain is a mean creep.

TheMachine1

Someone said Bourdain smokes but I read Deen also smokes.

Missy

He's an obnoxious idiot. The bottom line is- do you need her to tell you eating a stick of butter and a pint of cream every day is bad for you? She's heavy, so is it a secret? He's jealous she has the appeal and makes more $. He should just stfu. It's not great she kept it under wraps, but whatever. Again, a lot of those chefs are heavy, so get over it! You're responsible for your own body. Skinny, health conscious people wouldn't make those recipes. All the heavier chefs like Ina, Mario B, Guy F, etc- do you need them to tell you delicious food is fattening and eating too much of it isn't healthy? Duh!