Daniel Radcliffe

Lana Del Rey Wasn't THAT Bad

on 'Saturday Night Live'

1/17/2012 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0116-daniel_lana_BN_01
Daniel Radcliffe is coming to the defense of the singer he introduced on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend ... sorta.

Radcliffe was at the Bafta nominations ... when he was asked about Lana Del Rey -- who's been TRASHED by music critics and people with ears alike who suffered through her baffling performance on the show (below).

Radcliffe responded, "It was unfortunate that people seemed to turn on her so quickly."

He added, "I also think people are making it about things other than the performance. If you read what people are saying about her online, it's all about her past and her family and stuff that's nobody else's business."

Radcliffe concluded, "I don't think it warranted anywhere near that reaction."

R

Danny boy, luv you, but she major sucked. Can't wait for The Woman in Black to open!

kim

I went and LISTENED to HER SONG on playlist and SHE SOUNDS THE SAME.... I KINDA LIKE DIFFERENT singers and the WAY THEY SOUND... ALSO she sounds the SAME on the PLAYLIST so thats REALLY STUPID for PEOPLE to THINK SHE WOULD SOUND DIFFERENT THAN HERSELF... SHE SOUND THE SAME not LIKE THESE LIP SINKERS or PERFORMERS that SOUND TOTALLY DIFFERENT LIVE IN OTHER WORDS IF YOU THINK SHE SUCKS LIVE YOU WILL THINK SHE SUCKS PERIOD CAUSE ITS THE SAME BUT I LIKED IT... NOW how about KAYNE WEST???? HE SOOOOOOO SUCKS ANYWAYS SO I CANT IMAGINE HIM LIVE BUT THAN AGAIN I WOULDN'T GO TO HIS CONCERT AND THEN BITCH... LOL ....

Eric

They should make up for that poor performance by booking Charice now that is a girl that can sing if they want to really show people what a good singer is.

DC

Wow a real live voice. To bad most of the songs we hear these days are so amp and auto tuned we cant appreciate a real raw performance.

moe l.

LDR was like a cat getting it's tail pulled...

patty

omg! who did she sleep with to get this gig - since it wasn't her talent - loren micheals???

denniswilliams

Never heard of her before this, have NO idea about her family or her/their past and the performance was really bad.

Cindy

Seriously, I believe people didn't like her because she was in a gown, and so they expected something melodic. Had she been in freakish outfit and sang that same song, people would have liked her. She reminded me of Rickie Lee Jones singing Chuck E's In Love. Same sort of singing....
The dress just threw people off.

FlamingoNut

Does Daniel Radcliff have hearing problems? I'd never heard of this person, but that was one of the worst performances I'd ever heard.

mannequin

Never heard of her before, so I know nothing of family smut but I know a horrible voice when I hear one. Has she done better before?

Chad

she doesn't sound any worse than fiona apple. and hey, i'm pretty sure she didn't lip sync it. give her a break, nobody is spot on all the time.

trish

is it just me or does she look like the older sister who was getting married on 16 candles?

TRASHRAVEN

maybe if she didn't mumble so much. i like it but half the time i cant understand if shes singing English or another language.

TRASHRAVEN

walter bernard

when i saw the video i thought i was all right and that i've seen worst on thAT SHOW