Elijah Wood

Implanted With

Massive Lie About Trees

1/18/2012 12:02 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

011712_woods_still

Dear Elijah Wood, sorry our cameraman told you there were five million trees left in America. He was close -- as in a few several hundred million close. Maths is so overrated.

24HourJockItchCureDotCom

Who??

Fat Mike

TMZ - Implanted With Bad Staff.
Are all the regulars on holidays?

noonie

A few several hundred million?

Your English appears to be as bad as his math.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

We already know that everybody who works for TMZ dropped out of alternative school.

Let your guy know that the drought in Texas has killed millions of trees, so there are actually no trees left in America.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

@drew melcher, if my doctor prescribes me the wrong dosage for my weight, I'd like my pharmacist to catch that and know the formula for the correct dosage.

Also, they do "make" medicine. Not all drugs come as pills. Some are powders that need to be mixed as they are prescribed, which probably requires math.

sanoga

He seems nice... I didn't expect him to be so personable with paparazzi; he struck me as more of an introverted / private person. Thumbs up for Elijah, in my opinion :)

birdbath

Over 2 ½ billion trees are planted in the U.S. each year. The forest community plants over 1 ½ billion of these trees; that's an average of 4 million new trees planted every day by the forest community. Millions more trees regrow from seeds and sprout naturally

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

That means there are more illegal aliens in the US than trees.

ray

silly A$$ bunny huggers always making up their own FACTS, then when told their FACT is a LIE make no reply and go make up another "FACT"
P EOPLE
E ATING
T ASTY
A NIMALS

Carl

Who cares TMZ like really why even make a story about a tree is that all you all can come up with if so sry

Shaving Bieber

I love all wood, Even yes.. Elijah Wood, Dude you are still the Nicest person I've ever met.
Love you Man.

AdamLeon

Birdbath is right. What is your source for your 700 million estimate? As soon as I heard this I called B.S.. That would calculate to be approx. 2 trees per person in the U.S.! Not even close when you consider 1.5 billion trees are planted annually in nurseries alone! So please do yourself a favor and fire whoever gave you this false information to throw around on national TV. Your welcome. Better yet, I could use a job between engineering semesters this summer, so I'll take the job.

And for those of you that think it's cool to "not be good at math," good luck in life. Just remember, even though you may be hot and can get by... There will always be someone better looking, and probably smarter too... Such as myself... So where's my job TMZ!

doin ur mom

what average joe knows exactly how many trees are in america?...if he got it correct i honestly would've been creeped out.