Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

kronenburg

Good for you for apologizing, Mark, doing it quickly, and acknowledging the idiocy of your statement.

For your next trick, hit the English textbooks and learn when to use "went" versus "gone" in a sentence.

Hiya

Hard to guess how much courage you have until you are in the situation. But I agree with Mr Wahlberg. His comment was more of "I would die for my kids" more than "I am better than those passengers". I give them passengers a B- for trying but an D- for success. I'd trust an obvious physically fit person over a random Joe sitting next to me on a plane.

Chanelrs

What he said should never offend anybody. He said what millions of Americans said after it happened. I would have...... it is human nature. Just move on....

URSilly

Now drop it TMZ, leave him alone.

Denise

I lost my brother on 09/11 in the second tower and i don't think he has anything to apologize for. He has a right to say what he feels and if he feels that he could have someone done something different who are we to say different. He didn't say anything disrespectful or hurtful. The media need to stop making an issue out of everything people say.

rico

THERE ALWAYS SORRY WHEN THEY GET CAUGHT ON CAMERA.

ColoradoRob

Still A Punk!!!!!!!!!!!

campy

It was an honest comment, and I respect that. If I were on any of those flights lemme tell you, my plane would have landed ON-TIME!!!

Throwback kid

Why does Wahberg still try to act so tough?, the guy is middle aged now. I know he never attended college but if he did just about every guy on the footyball team would have wiped the floor with 5 foot 7 Marky Mark

Straight Talkin Texan

Hindsight is 20/20, and his hypothesis WAS pretty ridiculous. He seems to think he's a superhero and could use some humility.

Beetlejuice

everyone get off your high horse, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Seishi

It's not every day you see someone see and understand their actions from the outside. Relieved and glad Mark apologized for it before it got out of hand.

Sonya in Tx

Damage done already. F you d-bag.....

Simone

Apology NOT accepted Mr Markey Mark.

Perhaps KARMA will not strike you but your family.

Now go F' yourself.

Throwback kid

I belive him, Whalberg would have renoved his pants and started to do his funky bunch dance in his calvin klein underwear. The terrorists would have dropped their box cutters because they would have been laughing so hard at what a loser Marky Mark was. Whalberg is a high school dropout, does anyone know how he would have been able to land a plane?