Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

livereater

dirk, we forgive u.

Pua

When will we tire of public and pointless apologies after the fact, and that fact is what ever is said is spread like fire across the net? They could care less for apology until it hits their wallet.

I like him just fine as any other actor, but stop saying idiotic stuff only to get more attention in your lame apology.

Kowny Krush

This overblown, overrated, overpaid, egomaniacal idiot is STILL in love with his own di.ck.

G.Swordfish

Why does Mark have to completely apologize?! Mark's view is what your "In-Flight Care-Takers" (Flight Attendants/Stewardesses) are being taught to uphold. If the possibility of more than our aircraft's civilians are going down, we will before 3,000 of us Americans go down on ground. Suck it up. This is where Terrorism is at now. This is an US American issue as we take liberty in most every other nations' liberties. Go US-like Democracy for all nations, but it comes with our price). Leave Mr. Walberg (my passenger alone. He says he chose to do what we flight caretakers are being trained to do. Had us inflight caretakers of you had the insight then. Shut up haters!!

HungWang

This guy thinks he IS who he plays in MOVIES. You are not, you are a little ***** from Boston, 5'6" you are not a prize fighter or football player. You never grew to man size sorry. This moron pops off all the time. He needs to STFU. And he only said he was sorry because somebody told him too. Stop defending this puss. He does this all the time. He is a little man with an ego the size of the Pacific Ocean, PERIOD!

shane

feelin the good vibration

al

Talk about up yourself and clueless on the reality faced by the passengers. I'm a Boeing pilot. All it takes is one man to hug the control column to his chest, full back and full roll, and good luck trying to right it while 2 or 3 others keep you away in a confined space. It would be unrecoverable, very quickly. This is exactly what the hijackers did. The plane rolled over on it's back, and plunged into the field.

Richard

I don't think Mark was disrespecting 9/11 hero's, I feel he was expressing his feelings and what he would have done for his family like any american would do. But there are some out there who feel it's not worth the risk to fight.

Jparis

Mark do us a favor still to scripts. Don't tell us new Yorkers what u think. I lived through it ad u just lost a fan because of your stupid remarks. Think before you spea, at least that's what my church told me.

coldly

ok,who would win? Marks ego or bruce willes ego? If mark was on board he would be the first one on the floor with mohamad altiam ahem amed ohaa van kartier kasheeds foot up his azz. So marky boy...we know you a retard but yeah. Dont speak your mind

Joe

Im from NY. I'm sure the man meant that knowing he and his family would die, he would have nothing to lose and fight to the death to protect his family. Obviously we know the outcome of the planes now. Who knows what exactly the people on the planes knew at the time.

Joe

And by the way, this is the guy who said he would fight Manny Pacquaio and win. lol. good luck.

JeffGrossman

Hey Mark, if you are so tough and think you could have taken on the terrorist, why are you not in Afghanistan or Iraq? Show us how you would have kicked butt. Actions count and talk is cheap you big p*ssy.

tellmeaboutit

He's always been an ass. Nice to know he's stupid too.

Griffin

The U.S. Air Force was in pursuit of United 93 and was MINUTES away from shooting it down, per V.P. Cheney's orders. I am less offended by your comments than I am astonished by your ignorance, and by your lack of sensitivity. Reality check, Mark, you are an ACTOR. The 'bad guys' you duke it out with in your movies are also ACTORS.