Mark Wahlberg

Sorry for Dissing 9/11 Heroes

1/18/2012 12:22 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_walberg_tmz_ex_5
Mark Wahlberg
is apologizing for saying he could have rewritten 9/11 history, fighting off the terrorists on one of the flights ... and safely landing the plane -- telling TMZ, "To suggest I would have done anything differently than the passengers on that plane was irresponsible."

Mark originally made the comments in an interview with Men's Journal, claiming, "If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did. There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely, don't worry.'"

But Mark admits he crossed the line -- telling us, "To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with."

Mark adds, "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."

Griffin

The U.S. Air Force was pursuing United 93 and was MOMENTS away from shooting it down, on V.P. Cheney's orders. Marky, despite the fact that you had never piloted a jetliner, or duked it out with ACTUAL bad guys (not the other actors in your movies), do you think you would have saved the plane from being shot out of the sky? I am less offended by your statements than I am astonished by your ignorance and lack of sensitivity. But, of course, that is why you have a P.R. agency.

Katez

From your used to be fan.... Your privilege in life is getting to play men you only wish you could actually be. This is exactly why taking guidance from people we are suppose to hold up on a pedistle...aka "celebrities"... Is a fouls errand. You only wonder what kind of children....our blessed new generation...he is raising. Despite unlimited monetary advantage or supposed "greatness" celebrity offspring...I know my future children have a greater chance a turning out successful adults being raised by me. So put on another pair of those sexy briefs and inject yourself with a few more steroids and maybe just maybe you'll be able to stand in front of mirror and be able to stomach what's actually standing in front of you.

To the real heroes...such as Mr. Thomas Burnett...and not the fake ones....Thank you

Katez

To the real heroes...such as Mr. Thomas Burnett.. and not the fake ones...Thank you

BUZZ BAIT!

What offensive to both the families of the terrorists?!

perhaps someone on the plane should have had a set and done something!

Scared of a spoon, give me a break!

Darly314

He is a silly boy; probably would have passed out with fear. BOYCOTT.

elpablo

OH,lighten the F*CK up! Who as an American hasn't imagined stomping the sh*t out of one of those camel jocks?! That doesn't mean any disrespect to 9/11 heroes. Get real!

Jefferson

I TOTALLY TOTALLY get Mark's meaning.. Believe it or not, I was potentially suppose to be on one of those planes as well,,, Me and the Woman I was with at the time were very in love and were going to get married one year after we met at christmas mountain in I believe Maine, We met on Sept 7th, 2000 we were suppose to fly to Yosmite for our Honeymoon.. So we would have been at Logan airport on the 11th of Sept, 2001 heading to Cali. Marks remarks are right on, things would have been VERY VERY different if I would have been there... I mean come on, a BOX cutter.. Were I grew up we would have taken it and given everyone a shave. Oh year I'm 43, see our generation still knows how to hand out an azz whoop'n. So, yeah bad azz's know there would have benn a few things that very well could have changed with someone with a big set on the plane---s... God bless

jeffreyleland

if in a terrorist situation, Mark's take on what he would do is the only real answer. We need more Americans to think that way. They were all gonna die, why not go out fighting for your lives. Flight 93 took control away from the bastards.
thanks for the politically correct apology mark but none needed in my opinion.

American Mom

911 happened to every American to some extent. Some deeper than others , however, we all were deeply impacted by it. Every American including Mark should be able to speak his mind about their feelings regarding this situation. It was said he was saposed to be on one of those planes that went down. It has been said he has had dreams regarding the whole ordeal. I don't think this tragedy is only for a select few. This has impacted our country forever and needs to be talked about. Noone owns the subject. Politically correct is unfair in this situation. What ever he said is his own feelings regarding the terrible tragedy that happened to all of America. Why should he need to say sorry for that? Why is anyone offended? I think they should say sorry to him. Mark in a way is being very loyal and supportive of America with what he said. I bet there are many Americans who have imagined the same situation and wondered what and how they would handle it. 911 affected all of America.

ladydiinpa

he is starting to believe his scripts...you act Mark,,,that's it...like him but he is starting to believe his hype...

insomn

Wow....is this world that stupid and gullible? He was being sarcastic. He thought he was being funny by saying that and grandstanding as if he could portray one of his characters from his movies. It's like saying "chuck norris doesn't sleep, he waits." it's using hyperbole as humor. However, someone made the decision that the best PR move would be to appear ignorant of your own capabilities rather than someone who makes a joke of 9/11. this world really is stupid....

She's baaaack

Knowing the outcome, sure almost everyone would have fought. Unfortunately there were no psychics on the flights. The first three were "merely hijackings" and the passengers were told if they behaved no harm would come to them. Who knew what would happen? No one but the terrorists. The fourth flight had a "head's up" which is why they fought. Mark would have been as frightened for his life as anyone else was. Somebody needs to understand fact from fiction, Mark. Land the plane indeed.

Al

You guys need to lay of Mark W. He said the same thing that every other male in America would have said.

If you guys want to complain, go to your local Saudi Arabian embassy and complain to them. Mark W didn't do anything wrong here except tell you what he would have done if he had taken that flight. Full stop.

Personally, I think a bunch of juvenile delinquents from Boston probably would have given the hijackers a run for their money.

@