Mel Gibson DUI Jail Video

Triggers Legal Dogfight

1/18/2012 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson and Deputy James Mee
A videotape of a raging and drunk  Mel Gibson in a jail cell immediately after he was arrested in 2006 for DUI has become a huge bone of contention in a lawsuit filed by the arresting deputy.

L.A. County Sheriff's Deputy James Mee is suing his department, claiming he's the victim of religious discrimination. Mee, who is Jewish, claims he has been targeted by his superiors because of his faith.

Mee wants the jury to see a videotape of Mel Gibson in the holding cell.  When TMZ broke the story about Mel's anti-Semitic rant, we referenced the video, which shows an out-of-control Mel handcuffed behind bars, complaining he had to urinate and then -- according to sources -- appearing to make an attempt to pee on the cell floor.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... the video shows Mel running around the cell and at one point even trying to scale the bars like a monkey.  And when he attempted to use the phone, but couldn't get a dial tone, we're told he threw the receiver against the phone.

The County of L.A. -- the defendant -- has filed legal docs trying to block the admission of the video, arguing that it's irrelevant to Mee's religious discrimination claim and would only be used to "embarrass Mr. Gibson."

The County also believes the video would inflame the jury, because Mel is "a controversial public figure." And the County claims ... showing the video would violate Mel's right of privacy.

The judge hasn't decided whether the video is fair game.

Mel's rep declined comment.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Fidel's niece

Some add on info to my "essay"/report
from the Q & A with Mel
He was a bit nervous, even after 30 years of being famous, Mel still gets nervous speaking in front of an audience. He is very animated when he speaks,
he also has a lot of nervous energy, like a kid,
he was scratching a lot (lol), his face,hair, chest, thigh (he held the microphone in his right hand).
He said he has 6 sons, and when he sees Mad Max
on a screen it looks like it's not him but one of his sons(he is trying to say that he was so young when he made the
movie and now that he is so much older he can't believe
it was him).
During the Mad Max location shoot (in some
small place in Australia), he walked around in bedroom slippers and the locals thought he was nuts, lol!
He mentioned meeting with Sean Penn few days
ago, I thought that was funny/weird, since I mentioned Sean
in one of my posts few days ago (I wrote that Mel should get in touch with Sean and do some charity work with him)
and here is Mel mentioning meeting with Sean!
Richard Donner (the LW's director)was also mentioned and Mel's friendship with Donner (note - TMZ posted a photo/video of them having lunch in Brentwood last year).
****************************************
Mel was in good spirits, I think he feels better about
his life/carreer/things in general, now that things have
settled (divorce,OG settlement, etc)
Moving forward with his life!
Go Mel!

THE BEAVER

2idiots: 22 hours ago

THE BEAVER: 47 minutes ago

2idiots: 3 hours ago
THE BEAVER: 40 minutes ago
Anyone can be called the N word, not just the blacks
True meaning of the N word:
A person of ANY RACE or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant,etc.
When Mel told Oksana that she could get raped by a pack of N's, he ment of ANY RACE, not just the black people!!
-------------
AHAHAHAHAHA! If he meant any race why is it necessary for you to clarify that he did not mean black people? Better yet, why has HE not clarified that he did not mean black people?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why is it necessary for me to clarify that he didn't mean black? Becausee dumbazz people (like you) keep caling Mel a racist, and he is not one. If he is a racist, so are blacks, because they also call each other the N word. I have also heard the blacks call the whites, not only white bread, but the N word too. LOL
Which proves that the true meaning of the N word that I posted is the truth... that ANY RACE can be called the N word. Keep your user name, it fits you very will, because you are 2 idiots wraped up in one person.
-----
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! More stupidity from a flock member! The Fraus keep going on about how when MG used the N word it wasnt in a racial context. The more you keep defending his "non-racial" use of the N word the more you prove it WAS racial. Why keep bringing it up? Why must the flock continue to clarify it?
Why did you only post PART of the definition of the N word. Why not post the FULL definition?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, if you wasn't 2 much of an idiot, you would known why I posted just that, it is the truth. Why I defend Mel, too stupid for words, is because there are still alot that still say he is a racist and Mel is not one. DUH!!
Why do the lame azz people keep calling him that, and make youtube videos of their ignorant stupid fool azzes to keep the hate alive, huh? Stupid is as stupid does, I guess.
LOL.. you sure hang out on here, not to show that your are a Mel Gibson fan, but to show your azz, and let everyone know how a true idiot can act like. I feel sorry for you.
Hugs!! LOL

Fidel's niece

PAULETTE,

if this is any consolation,
during the Q & A, Mel said that when Braveheart was originaly shown in the theatres, it WAS NOT
seen by many people, and he was wondering "why don't
they want to see my movie?" but after it was released
on DVD(he said DVD, then laughed and corrected himself
"VHF" /it was 1995) more people saw it and he felt
better about it.
****************
I have a photo of Mel in a tux,
after the 1996 Oscar ceremony, holding his two Oscars
standing next to a Scottish bagpiper (who was dressed
in a kilt)
and the caption reads (quote)
A PLAID, AND PROUD
Jodie Foster, who skipped the show,
hired a bagpiper to serenade her Maverick co-star Mel Gibson
when he arrived at Vanity Fair's party at Morton's.
Gibson, who spurned a kilt for an Armani tux and a tartan
vest, tipped the piper $100. Now that he has two Oscars, Gibson says, 'I want free clothes for the rest of my life'.

(I think that was aimed at Giorgio Armani, lol)
another photo of Mel dancing (dressed in a kilt)
and the caption reads
"Mel Gibson hides his lethal weapon
behind a Scottish kilt"
LOL!
(my spell check refuses to work...
spelling police will get me!)

THE BEAVER

Fidel's niece: about an hour ago

Some add on info to my "essay"/report
from the Q & A with Mel
he also has a lot of nervous energy, like a kid,
He said he has 6 sons, and when he sees Mad Max
movie and now that he is so much older he can't believe
it was him).
During the Mad Max location shoot (in some
He mentioned meeting with Sean Penn few days
ago, I thought that was funny/weird, since I mentioned Sean
and here is Mel mentioning meeting with Sean!
****************************************
Mel was in good spirits, I think he feels better about
his life/carreer/things in general, now that things have
settled (divorce,OG settlement, etc)
Moving forward with his life!
Go Mel!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mel does look better now that all is settled now.
To me, Oksana made him look so worn down, and so stress, even before she turn the tape recorder on. Let this be a lesson for all the men that leave their wife for what "they think" is better, or just as to bang a bimbo. Those fake azz bimbos may look good (Oksana to me wasn't..lol), may be ok in bed, but try living with one. You can tell Mel tried to pay to keep the bimbo happy, but the up keep on a bimbo is hell. I want this.. buy me that. I need this done, I need that done. All Mel Gibson has to give me, if I were his gf, is his heart and his undieing love. Oh, and a Starbucks gift card on my birthday. LOL

THE BEAVER

Fidel's niece

I bet you forgot to tell Mel that The Beaver loves him, didn't ya? I hear he takes a dare,if you dare him to do something. why didn't you dare him to join this TMZ board? Oh, what fun that would be. LOL
I would be so damn excited to be talking to him, that my typing would look like someone not only trying to type English, but trying to speak it for the first time too. LOL

Mel would say.. The Beaver is a nice, sweet, funny girl,but it takes me twice as long to understand her than it did Oksana.

Come on here, Mel. I dare ya !
Don't be a chicken, you turkey!!
Don't worry, I'll take good care of ya here. Just Leave It To Beaver. "WINK" LOL

THE BEAVER

2idiots: 24 hours ago

So Beaver let me guess, you're also going to try and convince folks that when Mel referred to one of his employees as "wetback' THAT too wasn't racist.....right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hell, honey. If I was lucky enough to be working for Mel Gibson, he can call me any name he wants to, but that will cost him extra. LOL
..and if I were his gf, my back would stay wet. Mel is HOT!! lol
Any one that does a hard days work has a "wetback", hun. My dad did hard work in his day, his back was always wet. Mel Gibson works his azz off too, and has had his back wet too.
If he was racist against those people, why does he help them, why does Mel go to their country, huh? It sure in the hell wasn't to look at their wetbacks work, you dumb butt idiot.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8