Woman Sues Disney

I Was SPANKED Relentlessly

at Kids TV Show Taping

1/18/2012 7:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0118_goodluck_charlie_disney_EX
A live taping of the Disney Channel show "Good Luck Charlie" turned into a virtual S&M display ... with a female audience member getting SPANKED over and over again in front of her 2 children ... this according to a new lawsuit.

The woman behind the suit is Kellie Rodriguez ... who claims she took her kids, her sister-in-law and 3 nieces to a taping in L.A. on December 22, 2011 ... when she noticed she was being checked out by the comedian in charge of entertaining the audience, Ron Pearson.

Ron Pearson
According to the suit, Kellie was later chosen to participate in an audience competition -- in which the contestants would perform a "silly dance" to the Village People's YMCA ... and the winner would get a prize.

Kellie claims she began to dance ... when "all of a sudden and without warning, Pearson started spanking [her] buttocks with his hands."

In the suit, Kellie continues, "The unwarranted and unconsented spanking was RELENTLESS and did not cease until [Kellie] physically turned around to stop it."

The worst part -- Kellie claims she didn't even win the dance contest.

But there's more ... Kellie claims after the competition, Pearson asked for a kiss on the cheek ... but when she went in for the peck, he turned his head at the last second and kissed her on the mouth instead.

In the suit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Kellie claims it was not only unwarranted and humiliating -- but she claims her children were sad and confused ... later asking their mommy, "Why did that man kiss you?"

Kellie wants Pearson to pay ... same with Disney, claiming the Mouse House  "condoned, encouraged or ratified" the comic's behavior by employing him in the first place.

She's suing for unspecified damages. Calls to Disney and Pearson have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

en Todo Momento!!

woman. understand that lots of creeps have wiggled their way into disney productions exactly because their base is children. you can't just lather the entire corp under your ignorant slime, that disney is 'this or that'. there are a whole bunch of pedo minded interests who by all means want to 1. harm an innocent child's production program like disney, and 2. use it for their own disgusting interests. there is plenty of money that funds and furthers these kinds of people and these interests. possibly including this pearson guy.

LaChula79

This story makes me sooooo ticked off! I use to be a audience page & have worked MANY sitcoms with Ron for years. He does the same routine like all audience warm-ups for EVERY show & NEVER had this issue. It's a innocent dance to YMCA where ya copy Ron & spin around & he play spanks & ask u to kiss his cheek then he sneaks a quick kiss on your cheek instead. It's all fun & games. NOTHING serious. He is a family man & a wonderful comedian & the BEST juggler everr. I went back to L.A. over the holidays & went to watch a sitcom with my husband. I was actually one of the YMCA dancers just like this lady & my Hubby didn't get mad. This lady just wants a easy pay day. I just hope she doesn't get it. I wish Ron & Disney best wishes & hope this STUPID lawsuits drops soon.

New Orleans

That guy's a predator. He needs to be fired. I'm sick of these pee-wees hanging around kids shows where they think they can pull any pervy stunt and get away with it. The show's on the hook for this one.

Joy

Ron Pearson is a Christian married man and a clean comedian! He was certainly goofing off and this lady took it all too personally.

Shanice

I have previously worked as a Studio Page and have seen this skit done many of times and I have to say that she is the only person that has ever had a problem with this skit. Its his comedy routine and he really doesn't mean anything by it. Its just sad that she felt that way. Because if she would of told him something Ron would of never had done that in that way. He is a Husband and father and very happily married. I think she is after the money being its Disney.

De

First: We were not at THAT taping.
Second: That face-pulling photo of Ron was taken during an unrelated appearance at The Laugh Factory, and seems chosen specifically to portray Mr. Pearson in a bad light.
We have been to numerous studio warm-up shows of Mr. Pearson's. We have friends who have attended even more tapings than we have. We have never seen him do anything like what is being described.
There IS a runnning gag involving kisses at some shows. That is not something exclusive to this woman's experience. Both sexes are involved, in fact, and it does not come off creepy--except when it is described by this woman after the fact.
I look forward to updates on this story. I have had direct interactions with Mr. Pearson at tapings and have never ever felt at all uncomfortable as a female. He has always been professional and kind, wanting to make people laugh.

Katie

This is how I see it... If she were at a taping for an adult sitcom (with no children) or a adult comedy show or something, then it wouldn't have been as big a deal. Still wrong, but not as bad. BUT, this was at a Disney show for KIDS! The audience was probably filled with kids and thier families. Very inappropriate and embarrassing for this mother and her family. I'm sure a lot of other parents at the taping were squirming in their seats for her. I feel badly for this mom and I think she should get every penny. She had no idea this would happen at a children's show and she was probably dumbfounded when it did!

Molly

I have seen this comedian many times at other show tapings and he is so funny and the audience gets involved in his routine, it is all in good fun. This women is totally after the money. I feel sorry for this guy he is really a nice. I hope this women does not get a penny.

Mahesh Kumar

Hello

Hime

If she was so upset by the spanking why would she agree to a peck on the cheek afterward? Makes no sense.

bored

sounds so ****ed up, its probably true

xavier

This is the funniest guy I've met and he doesn't deserve this. This dumb bitch is just looking for a payday. I've danced the YMCA part with Pearson in a taping of another show and I'm pretty sure he's just having fun. #PRO_PEARSON

mishy

These comments must be made by mostly men ~ seriously...its sexually harassment and disney should be sued to stop the behavior. It's disgusting ~ if its true. If you are a women making these comments you obviously dont work outside of the house. That kind of behavior is not acceptable in a work place or around children.

Amanda

so if he was spanking her and he asked for a kiss on the cheek, why would she agree??

Denise Harris

Honestly, If you cant handle being humiliated then why go on the stage. Is that not the purpose of a comedian. To make everyone laugh. He is a professional. Would not pick up a mom infront of everyone. We trusted Disney all this time, why stop now.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5