Nigel Lythgoe

I'll Pay Ryan Seacrest's Salary!

1/19/2012 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Nigel Lythgoe and Ryan Seacrest
Ryan Seacrest
should fear not if producers cut his "American Idol" salary for next season, because we've learned Nigel Lythgoe has vowed to make up the difference ... out of his own pocket.

There have been a few reports that producers may try to cut Ryan's paycheck -- estimated at $15 million for this season. Nigel is telling people Ryan is "extremely important" to the show and doesn't know how it could work as well without him.

Nigel says if production starts slashing, he'll start cashing to keep R.S. on board.

0119_ryan_seacrest_idol_footer_v2

Chris

I quit watching whatever he is on because I find him extremely annoying. I don't understand why he is given so much work!

Reader

He should be replaced, because seacrest brought us the Ktrash shows and we over a million boycotters soon are to boycott American Idol.

jojofmfrisco

I like Ryan Seacrest!!! I think people are just jealous of him. He is one of the hardest working people in LaLa Land.

arale norimaki

Come on Ryan! These are big existential questions, best left for boring Russian novelists and teenagers on acid. Real people don't think about this s**t. No more KRAPdashian please.

Reader

So many other people in show business can do little man ryan seacrest's job. Give the job to a new person, otherwise we will all boycott American Idol. If seacrest stays, we are not watching. Hate the commercials they are airing of the rejects who can't sing-hurts my ears- turn the channel immediately. They are airing these foul commercials on the news channels. Boycott American Idol/Seacrest/Jenner-ktrash. Seacrest in talks to start a new channel from hdnet and renaming it. Boycott that too.

eyeroll

I hold Seacrest responsible for cursing humanity with all things Kardashian. We need to boycott all things Seacrest and Kardashian.

rico

I STOPED WATCHING IDOL YEARS AGO BECAUSE OF THAT IRRATATION RYAN SEACREST.HE DID BRING US THE KARDASHIANS, NEED I SAY MORE.

Babydoll0630

I hate that short facker. Ever since he joined E! news. That was Guiliana's show effer. I don't watch it anymore. Thank God I don't have to now that we have gossip websites so they are always a day or two behind anyways. I love when Joel Mchale makes fun of him. And Chelsea Handler.

jeff

There's a guy named brian dunkelman that would be a great host for that show.

Kabala

I don't like him.

John

Would you let an old man pay you millions? For what? And what happened to his girlfriend? Did her lease run out? Ryan's so up, the down will come.

Eric

lol He get's 15 million a year to host a karaoke competition. J LO get's paid 20 million to sit on her ass and not give any criticism. This is insane if you lost Ryan Seacrest nobody would care.

WhatThe

Honestly, does it really matter who is the host of the show. If they would of kept Brian Duckleman it still would of been sucessful. The most important guy was Simon.

DahhTroll

This is so dumb. The show can be even better without rayan he is so over exposed noone is excited to watch him any more besides what does he realy Bring to the show.. his personlity isnt all that great.. in the last few years he also seems like kinda a nutt job. crazy germ a phobic and the metro sexual thing. who cares about R S let him sknak up the today show if he wants to.
Idol is eatting the X- factor s dust thats why thier afraid to let him go but my be a new Id ola host is excatly whatt he show needs to keep it intresting>
he lost also tof fans lately cuz of the kardtrashines and the fake everything. Id like to see him retire> so we dont have to see him at all., or hear him on the raido.
everytime a net work has had to strech money to keep a host that wants to leave ended up regretting it.
It would be a waste of money to keep an out dated host.
Put the money in making the show Better and it well be better without RS I say seacrest out>> of everything>

W

Even though I don't make much, I'm not going to complain about those people who make tons of money. Everything works the way they do for a reason (to a certain extent). Those people who work 3 jobs and still can't make ends meet: I'm sorry that you don't have talent of some kind or are not educated. Nobody cares if you have to flip burgers all day long: maybe that's all you are qualified to do.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments