« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger

Settles Sexual Assault Lawsuit

1/20/2012 4:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger
It looks like Ben Roethlisberger has bought his way out of a sticky legal situation ... by settling a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims the Pittsburgh Steelers QB forced her to have sex with him in 2008.

Lawyers for Roethlisberger and his accuser -- Andrea McNulty -- announced the two sides have reached an agreement which ends the lawsuit.

McNulty -- who worked at the Harrah's Hotel in Lake Tahoe at the time of the alleged incident -- had claimed Ben invited her into his penthouse suite to fix a broken TV ... and then raped her.

In her suit, McNulty claimed Ben became "stern," after the alleged rape ... kicked her out of the room and told her, "If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!"

Ben adamantly denied all the allegations.

McNulty's lawyer also confirms they have dropped their case against multiple Harrah's employees McNulty had accused of covering up the alleged sexual assault.

The terms of the settlement are confidential.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Fat Mike

To fix a television? That should have been her first clue. Everyone knows that's a mans job.

American Patriot

He is a rapist. glad he lost....

love,
America

LAWRENCE

The one girl he probably didn't rape he actually settles with. I wish for once a female star would get sued for having sex with somebody she uses for a one timer. That won't happen because men are smart enough to understand it's just sex and you're not moving in after I just boinked you an hour after meeting you. While I understand why he settled I wish he would have just dragged it into court so her past could be dragged out in public just like it was here. If he wound up settling with her in the end he should have just gave her the green mail money upfront and saved himself the embarrassment. Don't get me wrong, this guy is no more than a s***bag but I still hate people profiting off sleeping with some celebrity.

Nostradamus

He became "stern" AFTER he raped her?
Was he a gentleman AS he raped her?
If it wasn't for the other girl he raped in a public bathroom, I wouldn't buy it.

floydjk

I think you got his name wrong, it's Ben RothlisRAPER...

Pete Beau

Big Ben could bang me around anytime, no problem.
Hurt me.

remy

i can't believe anybody could root for the steelers. they don't cut james harrison after beating up his girlfriend or big ben for two counts of sexual assault. and how could somebody marry this ugly pig?

Rich

As a Steelers fan from Pittsburgh I for believe he accosted. His ego go way beyond reason. I hold him personally responsible for our last Super Bowl loss and his ridiculous insistence to play in the playoffs this year. Wonder how long his bride will tolerate him?????

James R. - Los Angeles

Why couldn't TMZ acquire the terms of the settlement? They seem to get all the paperwork and photos just minutes after any other lawsuits, DUI's, divorces, etc.

C'mon, TMZ. You're slacking.

BTW, what ever happened to the follow-up regarding Rick Springfield's two DUI's?

mark sweeney

First off Huge football fan and I don't like the guy personally! People who are raped do not parade around town telling everyone they were raped!I don't believe he raped anyone personally, there were NO signs of force, no wounds to him, and one girl called him after in Reno to see him again, and the drunk as hell girl told her friends what she was about to do! It's all do***ented and yet he's a NFL star so he's an easy target! People will say he's a rapist because they are fans of another football team. This is plain sad what America has come to, and as a father of 4 girls if one of my daughters pulled this I would dis-own them. Now if he DID rape them thats another story and with DNA and all the other evidence that was never found and all the story's both these girls told to their friends I actually feel bad for him. How would you like to be called a rapist in front of the world. That sticks with you for the rest of your life and you were NEVER found guilty! If someone does rape a girl trust me I'm the first one to say hang him!!! Just sad and not just his story's but many others, and not normal people but all celebs and people with money!!!

D

He's such a S.O.B.!

virgosiempre

If someone is RAPED there is DNA. These women are lying. Fix a television,oh please that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. As a Critical Care/ER nurse I have unfortunately cared for rape victims. Trust me there is always DNA and raped women would NEVER SETTLE unless they are lying. He wants this gone and unfortunately he paid the liar. That is the price of celebrity. TMZ you guys are dirt bags for bringing this up again.

virgosiempre

@Rich I wish I knew you and your so called being a Steeler fan. All of you morons must KNOW that in this day DNA will be found. There were no defensive wounds, NO EVIDENCE OR HE WOULD OF BEEN ARRESTED. I am a nurse SICU/ER and know how the system works. You disgust me.

loungecat

Unbelievable that the NFL lets degenerates like Rapistberger and felon dog slaughterer Michael Vick in the league, makes me sick.

patty

after every thing i read all the way thru this case - i believe w/ this girl he was innocent, yet she still gets a pay day and made it that much harder for real victims

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments