« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ben Roethlisberger

Settles Sexual Assault Lawsuit

1/20/2012 4:13 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger
It looks like Ben Roethlisberger has bought his way out of a sticky legal situation ... by settling a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims the Pittsburgh Steelers QB forced her to have sex with him in 2008.

Lawyers for Roethlisberger and his accuser -- Andrea McNulty -- announced the two sides have reached an agreement which ends the lawsuit.

McNulty -- who worked at the Harrah's Hotel in Lake Tahoe at the time of the alleged incident -- had claimed Ben invited her into his penthouse suite to fix a broken TV ... and then raped her.

In her suit, McNulty claimed Ben became "stern," after the alleged rape ... kicked her out of the room and told her, "If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!"

Ben adamantly denied all the allegations.

McNulty's lawyer also confirms they have dropped their case against multiple Harrah's employees McNulty had accused of covering up the alleged sexual assault.

The terms of the settlement are confidential.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

loungecat

Rapistberger paid off his victim to avoid court trial just like pos Kobe Bryant

Metta Worldhate

If I was innocent I would never settle a case like this. Whatever really happened, this makes him look guilty.

Woot

LOSER!! He disgusts me.

ExtraKetchup

What a dope. Nothing that the almighty dollar can't excuse you from these days.

cowgirl

Ben Roethlisberger (allegedly) raped a girl. Michael Vick fought his pit bulls and then hanged, shot, and drowned the dogs that lost fights. Yet, Tim Tebow kneels in prayer on the football field and has somehow managed to become the most disliked player in the NFL because of it. Makes no sense.

Becky

I really hate this man. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Unbelieveable

If Karma has its way......Ben Rapistburger wont win another Super Bowl.

Jen

This is such a non-story. This woman is a certifiable nut job. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that he raped this woman. She's crazy & contradicted herself over and over again. Criminal charges have never been brought against Ben R. for anything & there is no evidence in either case. None whatsoever. Athletes & celebs are easy targets. Some crazy woman just claimed that Justin Beiber was the father of her kid & he had to take a dna test even though the claim was absurd. It haappens all the time. If you won't to say that you don't know if he's guilty or not, fine. But to say that he IS guilty when he's never been charged & there's no evidence & Andrea McNulty has ZERO credibility - that's just stupid. People will jump on any bandwagon & crucify any celeb for anything. Stop being sheep.

UPYOURS

So basically the pig did what she said he did, and he bought her off. And these sports figures are role models? I think not. I am as disgusted with her as I am with him. She caved for the almighty dollar.

Michelle

To the bought off victim. Thank you for letting a rapist go unpunished. I am sure his future victims will thank you as well. Enjoy the money while it last because when it is gone the memories will still haunt you. And the guilt of allowing him to do it again will also haunt you.

To the legal system....shame on you for allowing a rapist to go unpunished. I hope his future victims sue you for every dime they can get.

I am so sick of rich Uckers buying there way out of everything. But I am even sicker of women like this.

Your no longer a rape victim you are a BOUGHT AND PAID FOR WHORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwback kid

He looks like a white version of Jay Z, just an ugly face

Michelle

Oh BTW all, people don't pay unless they are GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they are innocent they sue. IE David Beckham and the prositute.

Jim in Cali

McNutty probably got 10,000 bucks to go away so Ben doesn't have to pay his lawyers anymore.

John from Pitt

Screw this bitch, she is a money hungry hoe!!! PERIOD!!!!

jbeans

Pig! Why would pay off someone, ruin your reputation if you didn't do anything wrong? He did do something that he doesn't want to come out in trial. These "stars" think they can do whatever they want. So glad they lost!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments