Lauren Scruggs 911 Call

'I Think It Cut Her Hand Off'

1/20/2012 8:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE RECORDING IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING **

0120_scruggs_audio_launch
0_xzhyps63_0_r0es1r4oTMZ has obtained the 911 tape made moments after model Lauren Scruggs walked into a moving airplane propeller in Dallas  last month ... in which you can hear, in graphic detail, the intense effort to save her life.

During the call -- made on December 3rd -- a woman tells the operator, "A girl walked into an airplane propeller ... I need an ambulance immediately."

Lauren can be heard wailing in extreme agony as the people around her scramble to her aid.

The caller can be heard asking someone in the background, "Is that her hand?"

The call continues, "I have a female that walked into an airplane prop ... I think it cut her hand off."

The caller notes, "She is on the ground, she is not moving."

The caller says Lauren is conscious and breathing and lying face down on the ground ... bleeding profusely from her head and her left arm.

Emergency crews eventually arrived to the scene and transported Lauren to a nearby hospital. Doctors were unable to save her left hand. She also lost her left eye.

Lauren was finally spotted out in public yesterday -- for the first time since the incident -- and appeared to be in good spirits.

Her recovery is said to be going well.

jm

you guys are a bunch of ****bags for posting this. f*ck off!

Kristin

Posting that phone call is absolutely disgusting and tasteless TMZ! I can't listen to it, just after reading the short amount of info given as to what was in the call. Let the girl heal! It was a tragic ordeal, let her rest and leave her alone! The 911 call should come down, you sick SOB's!!!!

TJ

What's the problem with TMZ posting this audio? No one is forcing you to listen to it.

Fat Mike

Poor form TMZ! Won't be listening to that.
Someone I know (a very well known golfer) did the exact same thing as Lauren. He said his first thought when he hit the propeller was "what the f**k was that".
He's lived a great life, and even took up golf again.
Get well Lauren!

CW

I tried to listen, ugh, that was too much... please take it down.

Lovesto Eat

I am soo very sorry for this young woman. I know you have a warning posted on the audio for this but it is just way to graphic and of a personal nature. I beg you to remove this from the public. Give the victim and her family some well deserved privacy please.

Yamiguru

Does TMZ get their jollies off by listening to someone suffer? This is not news. This is voyeurism at its finest.

Chase

What kind of person would listen to that? How are 911 calls to EMS a matter of public record? They should be protected under the HPPA act. Harvey, I would think you'd have more class than this. Shame on u!

Chase

Just because u have the right to do something, doesn't mean u should. Remove this. The posts all sound pretty unanimous.

chris orlando

I think your website is really ridiculous for posting this I know people listen to it but what if someone on your staff got hurt and you posted the tape.... I doubt you would because it would make them uncomfortable or hurt... So money and website hits is what makes your day be a human for one day and come back down to earth...

URSilly

WHY is TMZ getting into reporting this gruesome detailed stuff. Just like the decapitated head the other day, Mike felt it necessary to go on the air to give details of what it looked like and now this.

Come on TMZ, a gossip site is for gossip, celebrity gossip. Leave the gruesome stuff for those sick sites that have sick viewers that are into that sick stuff.

Depressing.

MzReeses

This is my first time hearing about this. I am both shocked and wowed by this recording. How in the hell did that happen?!

IceGypsy

Wow, those minutes must have seemed like hours. I can't imagine being there. I don't know how they were able to stay so calm.

matt

I didn't click the audio, and don't intend to. You guys at TMZ have always been vultures, the way you prey on people, but this is really low.

texas turd

not anyone or anything in this world is private and respected anymore