Lauren Scruggs 911 Call

'I Think It Cut Her Hand Off'

1/20/2012 8:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE RECORDING IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING **

0120_scruggs_audio_launch
0_xzhyps63_0_r0es1r4oTMZ has obtained the 911 tape made moments after model Lauren Scruggs walked into a moving airplane propeller in Dallas  last month ... in which you can hear, in graphic detail, the intense effort to save her life.

During the call -- made on December 3rd -- a woman tells the operator, "A girl walked into an airplane propeller ... I need an ambulance immediately."

Lauren can be heard wailing in extreme agony as the people around her scramble to her aid.

The caller can be heard asking someone in the background, "Is that her hand?"

The call continues, "I have a female that walked into an airplane prop ... I think it cut her hand off."

The caller notes, "She is on the ground, she is not moving."

The caller says Lauren is conscious and breathing and lying face down on the ground ... bleeding profusely from her head and her left arm.

Emergency crews eventually arrived to the scene and transported Lauren to a nearby hospital. Doctors were unable to save her left hand. She also lost her left eye.

Lauren was finally spotted out in public yesterday -- for the first time since the incident -- and appeared to be in good spirits.

Her recovery is said to be going well.

noahspop

sorry if you are stupid enough to walk into a moving prop you get the 911 tapes played everywhere. I've worked around planes, it's not hard to tell when one is running, and sure accidents happen, but this is just plain darwinism at it's finest. If she died she would have won a darwin award. It also gets posted because American's love it. Want proof just look at webhits on anything similar

Kasey

I am very sorry for her, but how do you walk into an AIRPLANE PROPELLER?

HarryF

I feel so bad for that beautiful young lady. I hope she heals well and quickly both physically and emotionally.

Kristin

I feel so terrible for this poor girl, but how does this happen? How do you walk into a propeller?

Andi

TAKE THIS DOWN!!!! Extremely offensive to Lauren and her family. Come on TMZ, really?? Get some tact.

me

I had so much trouble coming up with the words to protest this, I was so shocked that any web site would post this 911 call (really any 911 call it should be private) PULL THIS TMZ NOW!!

Jason

How much you want to bet this lady was texting and walking, ignoring all the warnings of the pilot/crew so much that she walked into a f*%king propeller? No one deserves something like this, but people need to not be so glued to their phones.

matt

needed to comment on this. tmz i will not be coming on this site any more. leave this poor girl alone. complete lack of class.

claudia

if you have to label something as "extremely disturbing" maybe you jerks should think twice before posting it. leave this girl alone

maggie

Extremely disrespectful to her, her family and friends.

DoWhatNow?

Not a celeb...I get enough updates about her from my local news stations. She made a very stupid mistake and for the life of me I can't figure out how anybody could make that mistake, but that's what happened. If she was anything but blonde we would never have heard about this after day 2. Quit giving her media coverage.

TheTruth

Look at all the people complaining about TMZ, like it's some kind of shock that they posted this call. Yet here you are, day after day, feeling the machine. Hypocrites.

Lan

Wow.. this was disturbing... listening to her in the backgroup is awfull.. you can feel in how much pain she was in... this is a little bit too much. This is kind of low in my part for listening to this and for TMZ to actually post it. I'm sorry Lauren for even clicking on the link to listen to this.

Liz

This is pretty sad! Please remove this, it's tasteless and painful to listen to.

bennett

how about using discretion? why the **** would you post this?