Lauren Scruggs 911 Call

'I Think It Cut Her Hand Off'

1/20/2012 8:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

** WARNING -- THE RECORDING IS EXTREMELY DISTURBING **

0120_scruggs_audio_launch
0_xzhyps63_0_r0es1r4oTMZ has obtained the 911 tape made moments after model Lauren Scruggs walked into a moving airplane propeller in Dallas  last month ... in which you can hear, in graphic detail, the intense effort to save her life.

During the call -- made on December 3rd -- a woman tells the operator, "A girl walked into an airplane propeller ... I need an ambulance immediately."

Lauren can be heard wailing in extreme agony as the people around her scramble to her aid.

The caller can be heard asking someone in the background, "Is that her hand?"

The call continues, "I have a female that walked into an airplane prop ... I think it cut her hand off."

The caller notes, "She is on the ground, she is not moving."

The caller says Lauren is conscious and breathing and lying face down on the ground ... bleeding profusely from her head and her left arm.

Emergency crews eventually arrived to the scene and transported Lauren to a nearby hospital. Doctors were unable to save her left hand. She also lost her left eye.

Lauren was finally spotted out in public yesterday -- for the first time since the incident -- and appeared to be in good spirits.

Her recovery is said to be going well.

brad

Would Harvey (the TMZ owner?) or any of his employees like it if OTHER paparazzi arrived on the scene of a bad car accident in Los Angeles involving one of THEIR family members and they FILMED the whole gory scene including AUDIO of all the screaming?

Hmmm ....

Apparently, as long as the accident victims aren't one of THEIR friends or one of THEIR family members they couldn't care less. Who knows, maybe Harvey or other TMZ employees might WANT other paparazzi to film an accident involving one of his family members to make some extra money. The paps just want to shock and stir up people you know ... for $$$$$$$$.

Patriot

A true Zoolander Moment....

Kathleen

Seriously, if this wasn't some pretty young blonde haired white girl we would all be nominating her for a Darwin Award.

Lovesto Eat

this is ugly and sick and simply goes to show that nothing is sacred anymore and money can get anything you desire. as I requested earlier, please show some heart TMZ and remove this gross invasion from your website!!!

kim

LAUREN.... I HOPE YOU READ THIS AND MAY IT GIVE YOU HOPE AND INSPIRATION.... " YOU " ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN BOTH INSIDE AND OUT... MAY YOU MOVE FORWARD IN YOU LIFE WITH BOTH HOPE AND THE SAME ENTHUSIASM YOU HAD FOR YOUR LIFE... I KNOW YOUR LIFE MOVING FORWARD IS MOST LIKELY GOING TO BE VERY CHALLENGING AND THE PAIN GRUELING BUT YOU'VE ALREADY TOLD US ALL OF A WONDERFUL TALE OF BOTH STRENGTH AND ONE OF ABSOLUTELY A AN AMAZING WILL TO LIVE... AND THOUGH I MAY NOT BE IN YOUR SITUATION I KNOW HOW HARD THIS MUST BE FOR YOU... MY WORDS ARE COLD AND FLAT WHEN WRITTEN BUT I WANT YOU TO KNOW I TRULY ADMIRED YOU BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER YOUR HORRIBLE ACCIDENT.... IF THESE WORDS THAT I HAVE WRITTEN JUST FOR YOU TOUCH IN ANY WAY, THOUGH MY PART BE SMALL IT WOULD STILL BRING A SMILE TO MY FACE :-)--- AND THOUGH THIS IS KIND OF A DUMB STATEMENT I AM GOING TO SAY IT ANYWAYS... PLEASE TRY YOUR VERY BEST TO NOT THINK OF THE WHAT IF'S... I DID THAT WITH MY LIFE FOR SO MANY YEARS JUST FIGURING OUT THAT THAT JUST BROUGHT ME DOWN SWEETIE.... AND WE NEED YOU TO USE ALL OF YOUR STRENGTH TO CLIMB UP... GOD BLESS YOU... AND THOUGH YOU MAY BE QUESTIONING GOD RIGHT THAT'S OK A GOOD FATHER ALWAYS UNDERSTANDS... :-) GOODBYE FOR NOW BUT I WILL TRY TO GIVE YOU MORE MESSAGES OF HOPE AS BEST AS I KNOW HOW THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE LISTED ON THIS PAGE SINCE I DON'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL HUN... LOL ANS SMILES TO " YOU"...

silver bullet

How many remove comments do you need to take this down........have a heart please.......

Take this down and do not run a story on her again.......keep to Hollywood BS to entertain us.........

Ridiculous..there are other stories more titillating for your ratings!!! Take it down.

Mark

Everyone is blaming her for what happened but the prpeller should NOT have been going. A pilot always should turn off the engine before people get off the plane.

Anal

How stupid do you have to be to walk into a damn propeller

Ammy

Is the suffering of other human-beings the new ratings grabber for TMZ and it's owners?

JP

This should be taken down, WTF?

Testy

911 calls are of public record. You do know you pay for 911 service on your phone bill EVERY month! Yes, it is public information. They day everyone stops paying then they become private. That is what you get for paying. If you don't want to listen then don't. I think this is important to know and here about it because it will help future accidents.

Mel

I listened to it and this is very disturbing. However TMZ has freedom of speech to post it and if you don't want to listen to it then don't, they do have a warning posted. On another note, I feel awful for this girl and her family. I hope she keeps her spirts up. But I'm just a little confused, everything I read says she walked around the front of the plane to thank the pilot and she walked right into the propeller? This just doesn't make sense. How does one walk into it without seeing it? It is not a tiny thing. This is not meant to be a mean comment at all, I just don't understand how this happened.

Tresa

Oh my dear GOD!
WHY did TMZ make this public!
Dudes, so not cool!!
“God bless this girl and give her the strength to continue to live the best and happy way she can. Amen!”

Allyson

This should be taken down... it's too much...

Logan

It's way out of line that you put this on your website. WTF is wrong with all of you!? The woman lost her effing eye and hand. Hey Harvey do you still have a soul?