Mark Wahlberg

It Wasn't My Idea to Talk

About 9/11 in the First Place

1/20/2012 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_mark_audio_BN_03
Mark Wahlberg says he never would have made those "out of line" comments about 9/11 ... if the guy asking the questions wouldn't have blindsided him with the question in the first place.

Wahlberg appeared on Scott and Todd on WPLJ in New York this morning -- once again apologizing for telling Men's Journal he could've stopped the Sept. 11 terrorists from hijacking one of the planes had he been on board.

"I was a little out of line with my wording and I didn't take in to consideration how other people would respond to it or be affected by it."

But Wahlberg noted it was never his intention to bring up 9/11 -- explaining, "I also had a journalist who was asking all the questions and I'm trying to promote a movie … It wasn't like all of a sudden I just decided I was going to get on this soap box and start talking about my opinion of 9/11. I was there to talk about the movie."

Eric R.

Here's an idea, listen to each question carefully, actually think about a response, and then give your answer to the question. This isnt hard stuff. Dont just blurt out an answer without thinking about it, especially when a microphone is in front of your face. Seems like the simplest things to do are difficult in Hollywood.

notalawyer

So if it is not "in the script" as a "actor" he cannot think on his feet?

UPYOURS

Piss poor excuses. Enough already.

FungusJrForPresident

Independent presidential candidate ABRAHAM FUNGUS JR. would appoint Marky Mark as the head of the Department of Homeland Security, and let him open up a can of whoop azz everywhere.

ABRAHAM FUNGUS JR. for president...

before it's too late!

DirtySouth

Dude use what's between your ears. Or is that just muscle, too? You've been granting interviews for the majority of your life now. At this point, you should be professional enough to understand the question being asked, regardless of the topic. You answered how you felt. Take responsibility. Don't blame it on the question.

Aileen (Canada)

Oh dear God - the journalist made me say it!!!! What an idiot!

stu

stick to "undies" questions Marky Mark.

ireadtmz

Wow now he even sounds more stupid...Oh I guess he is stupid and disrespectful person in general. Now we know the truth.

hihat

What a clod...

cj

i think people need to leave him alone, it was his own opoion and u should not be affended.

paul a.

A little advice Mark.
Everyone f%^ks up. However, it how one handles a f-up that separates the men from the boys.
Shut up already. Nuff said.....

Liz

The question came out of left field in an interview where he was supposed to be promoting an upcoming film. Take the comments in context. He is not addressing a situation that was actually faced by most of the people on the plane, which is him up there and his family safe at home. He said if "he and his kids" were on the plane, he would have been able to stop what happened. He had zero time to think, and responded emotionally. ALL parents want to believe that we would be able to protect our kids, no matter what. We all believe we would be the ones who would be able to lift a bus off our kids if they were trapped under it (and some of us are right). He said what most parents believe in their hearts is the truth, that no matter what the threat, we would be able to become SuperParent and protect our children from harm. Would he actually have been able to do so? Who knows - but I do know if it were me, I would have tried. I could not have sat there and done nothing if it had been me and my kids. That's what he is trying to say.

Liz

GrannyDawletter

Yeah right, it was the interviewer's fault that I shot my mouth off, not the fault of Markie Mark and the Bunchy Funk.

Poor lil' Markie Mark was absolutely terrorized.

Spanky

Is this his "Jane Fonda moment?" I liked him before he opened his infantile mouth. Marky Mark is a punk a$$, living in his little dream world. What a jerk.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments