Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

Jen

:( I was just thinking how they were one of the few celebs married longer than 5 years and still together. How sad. I hope somehow they work things out and stay together.

sadFace

the word is ending...

Jodi

A lot of good those yearly renewal wedding vows did. I thought they were one of the happier Hollywood couples.

Mike

Looks like seal is broken.
Heidi should have never sealed that deal.
Did you hear about the baby seal that walked into a club?

io shark

Race - is the answer !

Jamelia Potter

Wow...I guess looks can be deceiving! They always seemed so happy and they're always renewing their vows...wow!

self-employed

I got a little sick of hearing her gush over his "package", how great their sex life was, and what a perfect life she had. She lives for attention.

stlrapper

aside from either of them posing danger to the other, why in the hell would she pop out all of those kids yet divorce the man? if you want to be flighty and give up on your spouse, fine. but i feel you no longer have that right if you have children with them, that is such a mixed message. you will have to parent with them for the rest of your life anyway. her youngest is fairly small so he wasn't that bad just recently, no? clearly she wasn't having children with a man she couldn't see herself with. if that is the case, she is nothing but a glorified baby's mama and women like that irk me! its so irresponsible for the children. if you want to easily dispose of people and not work things through, DON'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH THEM

Shy

I am definitely SHOCKED. I LOVE them and the kids...such a beautiful family. They do appear so enamored with one another. This MUST be true, I cannot recall hearing/reading anything regarding a split involving these two.

JAMES THE TMZ FOLLOWER

I thought it might happen when they showed a picture of Heidi with Kim Kardashian. that is the last person i would want my girl friend to hang out with.(i would never get married thanks to hollywood, but i still love you though)

JAMES THE TMZ FOLLOWER

Duke

I hope TMZ finds out the real reason to the split

Susy

It's a shame the marriage is over. I feel so sorry for the kids. It was reall nice of him to adopt her kid. As for his looks, that doesn't matter, it's like they say, it's skin deep, and besides, it's due to his illness (SLE). And that my friends, could be one of the difficulties of him not being able to be working lately bc that disease is a bitch especially in black men. Look it up guys.

possecomitatus

There you have it. She acknowledges she made a bad decision.

jason

These thing never work out stick to your own.

dagc2007

oh thank god theyre a couple of weirdos seal is wretched she can do better