Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

Sue

It doesn`t surprise me. Their marriage was just a big show. Heidi is very much success-oriented. She did neglect her husband and her four kids...

MissClarity

"They renewed their marriage vows every year" is another way of say "emotional blackmail" was reinstated on a yearly basis.

RJ

When they got married I thought they were odd, but then they grew on me. I didn't see this coming...thought they were nice together!!! :( I wonder what happened!

Ina Bliss

What is "racism"? It's when a black person looks into the mirror, and instead of BLAMING GOD blames European-Americans for not being white enough.

tron javolta

The proof is is the pudding! She can't stand that Seal does not care when he has bats in the cave. Just take a look at his picture above singing. Booger confirmation!!!

soya

It shows that when you go for always the looks only it does not last,after awhile it grows old and stale and the thrill is gone.

laurent

this couple does not fit each other and the ethnic differences are so high and so insuperable

Arma Diller

Hmmmm.....A black entertainer/celebrity/athlete out partying to hard while his white wife stays home with the kids. Have we heard of this scenario before.

Mybig Johnson

About time she woke up and smelled the roses.Seal is the true example of a typical n i g g e r.Not worth a damn.

Stuart Eber

Sorry to hear the news. They seemed like a solid couple and family. Hope they stay together, if not may it be as amicable a split as possible.

savi vie

I AM SOOOOOOOOO SAD OF HIDE AND SEAL ;DEAR GOD I DO HOPE ITS NOT REAL ;; I C THEM AS MY MENTOR AND ROLE MODEL ; I CRY ;;

p

sad.ked...very sad this is one couple I really like. very sad.

Marty

I've always thought he was too ugly for her and wonder why she married him. So there was more to him why she couldn't stay married. I hope she meets a better looking guy and nicer too.

Jello Monster

Too bad. I loved this couple and their family. But I can see y this would be good for his career and new album.

lynn

They seemed to be opposites where fame is concerned. He likes music she seemed to love posing for all the pictures where he thought it was invasion. She loved being in the spotlight. Time to grow up and go to counseling for kids sake. This is third relationship/second marriage that failed for her-reminds me of JLo. Woman has issues.