Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

melissa b

Wow. My jaw literally dropped. This is sad. They seemed so inlove.

3Storms

She's too much of a diva and it's probably pissing her off that he's not as rich and famous as he used to be.

Good riddance!

Man, just when yo think maybe one famous couple has it together, but nope! Always a bummer, especially for the kids.

Steve

Good thing she still looks good.

Pogue Mahone

At first it seemed like a sweet love story; he married her while she was prego with another man's baby and raised it as his own(not many men would do!), but then later I noticed she had black eyes she tried to cover with sunglasses and I remember wondering if maybe he beat her up (esp. after his scuffle with photogs) and wonder again if maybe I was right...

Rolm

Good god it's abought time. Too bad she is to old to have kids, What a waste

Good riddance!

I saw Seal years ago at a relatively intimate venue. Mostly just him on stage with a guitar. He is REALLY talented! I even talked to him for a minute or so after the show and he seemed like a really nice guy. Oh well, good luck to them both. I'll miss their Halloween adventures.

UNLEVINED HARVEY

too much available young stuff for him to resist

Lainie

I'm always suspect when couples, celebrity and non-celebrities show boat their love ; their renewing of their vows seemed so phony and all about publicity. I remember on Oprah hearing Heidi say 'we do this every year to show our love'..well, at that time they'd been married two years. I was hoping I was wrong and those 'vow renewals ' meant something besides for show.

URSilly

Ok, who cheated on who?

The ones who always get hurt the most.....the kids.
The ones who get the most....the lawyers.

URSilly

"One day you're in, the next day, you're out" (said in snappy little tone like Heidi says it)

Did Heidi just eliminate Seal from her own runway?

Karla

Usually not too surprised over these announcements but this go round you can color me shocked.....They always seemed to be schlepping the kids around in a kind of normal manner and all....hope they remain on good terms for the kids.....

Fan

The kids always lose. Damn these stars.

Muppet

I would have thought these two would have put more effort into keeping their marriage. They always seemed like such a strong couple. I'm as shocked as others at reading this news. I hope the source is full of it. I've never read anything that even indicated they had any problems. Hope they tried to work things out and didn't just throw in the towel. Their poor children. :(

Dennis Johnson

Seal is a real A@@ HOLE and a super control freak,everybody that knows them knows this.TMZ this is old news you are slipping slipping away.