Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

Asessina

Is Mr Seal like Mrs Woods? Wow

SUSIEQ

SARDINA - WHILE I DO NOT APPROVE OR UNDERSTAND I HAVE A 70 YEAR OLD FRIEND IN KENYA HAPPILY (?) MARRIED TO A VERY DARK MAN WHO HAD 7 CHILDREN WITH HIM - ALL MULATTOS OF COURSE...THEY ARE WONDERFUL BUT NOT MY GAME.
HOWEVER SKIN COLOR IS NOT THE SITUATION - IT'S TODAY'S WOMEN AND MEN'S INABILITY TO KEEP IT BEHIND THEIR ZIPPER...SOME LADIES WILL NOT PUT UP WITH IT! END OF STORY!

Stratcat

She found herself a bigger ****...

Asessina

Sorry. Mr. Klum like Mrs. Woods? Going to go for the spouses money? Money grabbing H....s.

Cheryl A.

It's the 7 year itch. We all go through it. Getting through it is possible but not easy. Sorry to hear they didn't make it.

Kim

Now this divorce caught me by surprise. He is butt ugly but obviosuly she loves him and he stepped in while she was pregnant from Deadbeat Flavio and raised that little girl like she was his own. I have a lot of respect for him from that but they did make an odd couple.

RealityBites

I never could understand why she married him, he's just so gross looking, don't care how great his personality is, just can't imagine having to kiss him yeck!!

The Voice

She has a voice only Celine Dion could love.

TIFFANY

noooooooo, noooo, I don't want to believe it. I thought they were so great together.. say it not so..

me

I can't believe it's taken her this long. He was abusive to Tyra when they dated years ago, I couldn't believe Heidi ever married him.

Alexander

So, Heidi is available.
Dibbs!

Arma Diller

Yawn!!! Who cares..!!! Their both eyeing their next squeeze. Celebrities breed like rabbits. Next story!!!

janja

her mind control chip he slipped into her must have finally fell out, holy crap he's gonna flip when she starts making her own decisions.

Em

This took me off guard. I wonder whose ego has got the better of them? Her - because she seems to be everywhere these days - or him - because he seems to have slipped into the background and perhaps envies or despises the continued attention on her. Kinda hoping it's not true - as a family, the SEEMED to be happy.

Listerino

I'm really shocked. They always seemed very committed and in love. I guess someone cheated or maybe their jobs made them drift apart? Sad if this is true.