Heidi Klum to

File for Divorce

from Seal

1/21/2012 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0120_heidi_seal_ex_getty
Heidi Klum
will file for divorce from Seal ... TMZ has learned.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Heidi will file divorce papers in L.A. County Superior Court as early as next week. We're told Heidi will cite "irreconcilable differences" as the cause for the divorce.

The couple married May 10, 2005. They have 3 biological kids. Seal adopted Heidi's eldest girl from a prior relationship.

The couple is famous for renewing their vows every year on their anniversary ... in a lavish ceremony.

As for splitting up the goodies, there's a lot on the line. According to Forbes, in the last year alone, Klum raked in $20 million. It's unclear how much Seal made.

Heidi attended last Sunday's Golden Globes without Seal. The last photo she tweeted with him was back on December 26.

The last time TMZ filmed Seal and Heidi together, we asked her what the key to a successful marriage is. She didn't answer the question.

video platform video management video solutions video player

0120_heidi_klum_seal_minilaunchSee also

Elizabeth

I saw Heidi and Seal on television last year, where he was yelling at her. That is verbal abuse..= Why she stayed with him , I would like to know. She finally wised up. Good for you Heidi!!"

Tess

Seriously? At December 9th, she tweeted: My love on stage in Munich. AMAZING I love you Baby!
One month ago the last pic... What went wrong sooo quickly? Don´t believe it!

dd

Renewing your vows every year is a joke.

stargazer

This has not been a good look for interracial couples lately. Kobe and Vanessa, Baby wipes Terrance Howard and wife, Tiki Barber and his wife, Gary Gourdan and his wife, Tiger Woods and Elin, Erkel and his girlfriend. It seems like those relationships are cursed.

Gretel

I'm surprised/not surprised. I guess I was kind of hoping that they were one of those few Hollywood celebrity types who could keep it real enough to have a solid marriage. Oh well, silly me.

URSilly

Marriage should be forever! No matter how much a person needs to work at it, unless there is physical abuse, marriage seriously should be forever. You just MAKE it work, you hang in there, you keep trying, you keep loving, 7x70 times (like in the Bible) you keep forgiving.

Marriage should be forever!

Asscookie

This CANT'T be true! Oh jesus, what a sweet and funny couple! she has such a great humor(despite we´re from the U.S love to say Germans dont have any sense of humor ;))
I feel pretty sorry about it, just loved to see them hang around and loughing about everything! :( .....Hope Heidi will do goo in the future!

Smarg

Never could understand how this pretty girl could hook up with such an unattractive man.

And their three children...ew.

I bet Klum's father is still vomiting every day he wakes up.

tania

I was a huge fan of this couple, but, if he is a control freak, then, I feel for her!

Babydoll0630

I REALLY thought this would last. So much for fairytale endings. Farewell beauty and the beast. All joking aside they seemed really good together. This is sad.

HMichaelH

I have always said she must be blind to have married him. So, I'm assuming she regained her eyesight, woke up screaming with him in her bed, and dashed off to file for a divorce.

serafina

WTF is wrong with his face? He looks like he was in a fire. He's one ugly dude.

Bellaca

Guess even Heidi gets tired of Seal's over the top display of affection. I never thought she loved him.

palermo

Not surprised at all. Couples that are always trying to prove to the world how happy they are (with their annual wedding vow renewal) are usually trying to prove it to themselves.

Henrik Randerius

Att least!
Now I can ask for Her (Heidi Klum)´s hand!