« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Steven Tyler's National Anthem

Did It Suck?

1/22/2012 1:08 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0122_steven_tyler_video
"American Idol" judge Steven Tyler is finding himself on the other end of the criticism this afternoon ... he's being mercilessly attacked for his rendition of the National Anthem today.

Tyler, in a glittery New England Patriots scarf, sung "The Star Spangled Banner" before today's Raven/Patriots AFC Championship game.

Popular sports site Bleacher Report posted the video under the headline, "Watch Steven Tyler Butcher the National Anthem." Jason Whitlock, columnist for FOXsports.com, tweeted, "Steven Tyler far more obscene than Janet Jackson's t*tty."

To us, he sounded exactly like you'd expect Steven Tyler to. But we ask you ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Tami

Amazing as always. He did it his way.

Mama B

When you hire a rock star to do the anthem...you get a rock version. What else would you expect? It's his personal style. It shouldn't be this big of a deal!

Geraldine Santoli

Love Steven.. that is a rock star and that is how they sing.
You go Steven.. loved it!!!

Mel

I cannot believe that this is even a question! He messed up the National Anthem! What an a-hole!

Spinnaker

He should not even be allowed think about singing the Star Spangled Banner.

acidsphere

He sounded like Steven Tyler , His voice hasn't changed in 40 years , why would it suddenly change for the anthem. I thought it was good.

Don2349234

This only proves that when your face is lifted so often that your testicles are at your navel, your voice box gets strained as well.

Pinky Yye

Sounds fine to me sounds like him LOVE YOU MR TYLER YOUR THE BOMB!

MrsBeasley

Alright all ya boobs who are downing him, I'd like to hear YOU sing DREAM ON....Shut the hell up. Its Steven Tyler. His voice isn't exactly for hymns and such. Get real. Love ya, Mr Tyler!

buxxy

The song sucks. Period. I don't care what person sings that song, it's a buster to sing....long, drawn out, wordy and clumsy altogether. Anyone who actually gets through it (and remembers the words) I applaud. He did fine.

judy

I think Tyler did a great job. He's a rocker and has a raspy voice that I love. As for his outfit that's him and no one should want to change him. I thought he put his whole heart and soul in to it. This is from a 65 year old baby boomer. Some of you people just want to find fault with everything because you have nothing better to do.

Kyle

Tyler's voice was shot eons ago...
Now he's just a hair weaving American Idle (sic) type.

whateverhomewrecker

We loved it at my house! We thought he was holding back, expected him to sing more of the National Anthem that way. He is after all Steven Tyler!

dierdre

OMG seriously, are you kidding me????? Steven Tyler sucked soooooooooo bad singing the national anthem....he was soooo off key it was ridiculous....anyone who can hear, i'm sure saw that he sounded soooo bad....what gets me is, he's the judge on A.I. and gives out advice to singers....whoa.....Get a grip......and stick to Rock....this is not for you TYLER>>><>>>> AWFUL JUST AWFUL......NUFF SAID......

AC

They can't all be Whitney crack-is-whack Houston.

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments