Tracy Morgan [Update]

Rushed to Hospital at Sundance

After Falling Unconscious

1/23/2012 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0122_tracy_morgan_ex
Tracy Morgan
was rushed to a hospital moments ago at the Sundance Film Festival -- after the actor  fell unconscious at an award ceremony ... TMZ has learned.

Tracy was being honored at the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards in Park City, Utah -- and sources tell TMZ, he appeared extremely intoxicated during his award acceptance speech.

We're told Tracy was escorted out of the building soon after his speech -- and fell unconscious outside the building.

0122_tracy_morgan_ambulance_tmz_wm
Law enforcement sources tell us,  an ambulance was then dispatched to Tracy's location.

We're told Tracy was picked up and rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. Calls to Tracy's rep were not immediately returned.

update_bar

Morgan's rep, Lewis Kay, also released a statement saying, "From a combination of exhaustion and altitude, Tracy is seeking medical attention."

Kay adds, "He is with his fiancée and grateful to the Park City Medical Center for their care. Any reports of Tracy consuming alcohol are 100% false."

9:50 AM PT: Tracy just tweeted, claiming the high altitude was responsible for his 911 emergency last night -- "Superman ran into a little kryptonite. The high altitude in Utah shook up this kid from Brooklyn."

Ted Sheckler

Hmmm...Seems like a good choice for my next dead pool.

BERTA

Did you not read the article he was not drinking.

Denver

Put this waste of time in a room with Andy (rhymes with Sick), lock the door then throw away the room. Once again the "celebrity" malady called exhaustion created by PR people rears it's ugly and misdiagnosed head. And one must ask, is this person famous for anything other than being annoying?

Monette

I hope Tracy is okay. The thing I love most about Tracy is that he didn't turn "Hollywood" and change his stand-up comedy like many other comedians did after making it to a TV show. Keep on being you Tracy!!

shandoria johnson

it was in March of 2008 I wanted to go with my nephew and his friends to Diamond head I started walking and could not get my breath I was a bit out of shape however I was able to walk other times without a problem. As we started walking I could see the high altitude and the people all the way at the top of the mountain so i gave them my water bottle my bag of doritos and said hell NO. I am not going to pass out. they laughed I sat in the car and took a nap. thank god Tracy Morgan is okay. new commercial honesty and humor go hand in hand

Sarafina

He's a diabetic and had a kidney transplant last year; plus trying to adjust to high altitude in a short amount of time is hard on the system. Stop being so jaded and give him a break! Hope he has a speedy recovery.

bendernet

See for yourself...

OPINONS N ASSHOLES

THERE WAS NO ALCOHOL FOUND IN HIS SYSTEM U *******S!!!! HE'S A DIABETIC N PROB WENT INTO A DIABETIC COMA!!!! GET IT TOGETHER DOUCHEBAGS!

shandoria johnson

peachygal

Actually, "high altitude sickness" is a real thing... one of my uncles had it every time he would come to visit us in Lake Tahoe. He would appear drunk and disoriented - and had not had one drink! He had to take medicine before he came to visit after they discovered what it was. Whether you like Tracy or not, this is a real condition and can be serious, so please let's consider this be a non-tabloid story and just someone who is having health issues, people!!! Try being compassionate, please.

Star baby

Amy Roberts @ Park City Medical Center, that is HIPPA violation for disclosing patient information

Voice of Reason

The story clearly starts out by saying "Amy Roberts, a spokeswoman for Park City Medical Center, tells TMZ no drugs or alcohol were found in Tracy's system upon medical evaluation." Am I the only person who can read on this page ?!?

Cindy

Syncope
Marked Uneasiness
Weakness
Vertigo
Blurred Vision
Confusion

Syncope means "passing out". All of this would explain his reactions, now that it's been reported that he was taking antibiotics. You don't have to drink much alcohol at all for this to happen. Also, even if you recently quit taking antibiotics, this can happen as they are still in your system.

dbt

Altitude sickness really is an issue for some people and not others. I went atop Pikes Peak on the cog train and got extremely nauseated and dizzy, just almost wiped out from being unable to get enough oxygen, sat nearly paralyzed at a table with my head down while all around me other train riders were laughing, talking, shopping in the gift shop and eating fudge and pretzels from the deli (I love treats and shopping but could not budge). Someone told me later if I had drunk water all the way up I wouldn't have gotten so bad off. Maybe he was drunk, maybe not, but altitude sickness is a godawful real experience.

EBL

Wow. It is that tough to be around Tina Fey. Go figure.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments