Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

Lisa

Wow, a lot of mean angry envious people commenting here.....when a is person down just kick them to death right? good morals you have.

Julie

To all of you saying that she's too old, and good on her for getting in this **** - all i have to say to you guys is it must be hard being ****ing perfect

Karl in AZ

Typical female - the emotional development of a selfish 12-yr old, in perpetuity. If they want out of a relationship they could give a **** what their partner wants, as soon as their partner wants out, they OD and get all girly... Pathetic as ****.

yougottobekiddingme

What you should do is count how many millions you have and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Put your money to good use and help some people who have real serious problems. Suck it up get a grip and get off the booze pills and powder.

Brian McWeeney

Demi I wish you the best on your recovery and good heath you are a very good mother and one hell of a wife i bet you should recover well and just dont care what other peoples out there that think about you .You know the truth will let you free and God see that you are a good lady loving person to. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

Regina

I don't understand all this Demi bashing. Just like Heather, I feel sorry for Demi also. Growing old, getting divorced and having problems is bad enough when you are not in the entertainment industry but it is 10x worse when you are. Imagine long lenses and stalkarrazi shadowing your every move and every little thing about you is on display for the whole world to see. I wouldn't trade my life with her or Heather for one minute. I couldn't stand living in a fish bowl like that. I imagine she was exhausted trying to corral that juvenile little punk she called a husband.
For women, it's bad enough aging and growing older outside of Hollywood. With the focus on looks and trying to stay young and vital and relavant, the pressure must have been intense. There is a different perception in Hollywood about aging and that is why all the women kind of look the same with the Botox and fillers that they use to stay youthful. It's just not done there. Wrinkles are so not cool. You don't get the jobs you want when you are sagging and bagging, especially for women. Men, well, that's a different story. You don't see people telling Robert Redford to get injections and Botox. It's a double standard and it is not fair.
I think that women like Demi and Heather need to get out of Hollywood for a while, go do a play in London or something or just take time for yourself and not focus on looks so much.

Fredrik smith

She is Going to Hospital for rushed.
Fansedge Promo Code

Kathy

I'm sure that there are lots of single mothers who know a lot more about stress and exhaustion than Demi.

Regina

So what if she said she was "exhausted". Just because she is a celeb doesn't mean that she can't be embarrassed. When I had my nervous breakdown and was hospitalized, I told my friends it was because of exhaustion. I didn't want my closest friends to know and they didn't know until I told them the real reason and I am not a celebrity. People who are control freaks, as it seems that she is, will do that. You don't want to appear weak, which I never in a million years thought that Demi was. That's the problem with this world, no discretion. It's none of our business what she went in for, as long as she saw that she needed help and got it, that's what's important.

who farted

Shes really upset about her young husband cheating on her. Ladies, don't marry a younger man, they will always leave you for a younger woman.

WilliamPenn

Reason #1 Hollywood millionaires won't pay their fair share: drug addiction.

citizen_snips

Haha, being a coke head is really "exhausting"...

StevenB

"Exhaustion"? Are you sure it wasn't just "Dehydration"?

Tek

The whole Ashton thing would really mess up soneone's head. I feel very sorry for her and the hell he put her through. You will do much better than him. Get well!

josh

Demi I seriously hope you are not crying over that small penis kutcher.
There are plenty of girthy men out here who would tap that ass right now,myself included.