Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

WilliamPenn

Number #1 reason Hollywood celebs don't pay their fair share to Obama: drug addiction.

Ginger

Ok people last night at 10:00 est. Ashton was on "Brad Knows Best" on Bravo. The subject came up if he liked bangs I think, and he stated something like...No I have a Marsh crush, or something and that he liked really long, all on length hair. Just saying...we all have thought the long hair for her was outdated. Now we know why she kept it. Check it out!!!!

dannette ramos

Stay Strong Demi !

sandra

Kutcher JERK / Seal classy! I feel and I am pully for Demi. He is not worth it ONE BIT!

joe

ONCE A DRUG ADDICT ALWAYS A DRUG ADDICT...IT LOOKS LIKE ASHTON MADE THE RIGHT DECISION TO DATE YOUNGER MORE STABLE WOMEN....GOOD JOB ASHTON IN THE NICK OF TIME..

sweet

The only stress she has is comming to terms with the fact she is getting older. She at least can afford all the newest treatments she needs to look younger But you still look older and all these actresses have to accept that. And by the way drinking and drugs will age you faster than anything so she needs to remember that.

Trapper

If you wanna get down, get down to the ground: cocain

Steve

You people need lives.

dave

Who the hell cares? Stupid twit can't appreciate what life has given her. No sympathy from me.....

Gayle

You know, none of us knows what she's thinking or how she is really feeling about herself right now. But the way she looks tells me she's not in a very happy place. She needs rehab, a good overhaul of her life, and to start loving herself again. I have always thought she was at her best when she was married to Bruce....but what do I know?! May God be with you Demi, as you journey through this tough time.

ryan

way to keep the buzz going !! numbs the pain !!

fairywinkle

Dear Demi,
I wish you an inspired healing. I hope that you can soon see how beautiful you are - inside and out. I am a woman who has followed your career since St. Elmo's Fire and I believe you are a beautiful, inspiring and powerful being. You have raised two amazing young girls ~ we all have our challenges to overcome and you have proven that you can rise above this human condition again and again. Please know there are many of us out here who are sending you healing thoughts ~

simon says

The very best to Demi. I would hope her ex Bruce will come around and do what he can to encourage Demi to stay in Rehab until she is COMPLETELY well. Demi. you are Beautiful,have a few Younger guys around for "drive-bys", but find your self a Mature man. Godd Luck Darling.

bean

You know, this has nothing to do with aging or men, other than substance abuse takes time to develop and the collapse usually comes with stress. These women choose alcohol or drugs over food to stay thin (for no other reason than selfish ones). It is becoming epidemic and many young women are an accident just waiting to happen.

Woody

Hitting the wall as hard as Heather Locklear.