Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

anyjoe

Its funny how everyone thinks a little fame and a little money means these PEOPLE should have no personal problems and live a stress free life with no pressure.

Reminds me of the south part episode about Britney Spears. We seem to love to put someone on a pedestal just to knock them off so we can make room for the next one. And then when they crack from the enormous pressure we point out all their flaws and call them names.

These are just people, you don't know them. Just because you watched them act for many years does not mean your idea of who they are in your head is correct.

They are people. They use the bathroom. they get insecure at times. they put their foot in their mouth at times. They make mistakes and I think the vast majority of them are lonely no matter how many people they have around them because they just cant let their guard down and be themselves

If she went to rehab well good for her, I hope she makes some good friends there and finds the strength to move on and pick up the pieces of her life.

clyde

peoplearesilly

Now there's a big surprise no one saw coming.

Drita

The eternal lil girl never will grow up....

kar

Demi is a great actress and I wish her the best!

YouDontSay

ANYJOE: STANDING OVATION...Clapping!

Zaff

the word is rehab and good luck!!

John T.

Hey she's old and going through her change of life and can't face it. She so insecure it's a joke. Like those boys that aren't dry behind the ear, she a sad case..

jordii

I feel badly for both Demi and Heather. Everyone deserves to be happy. I hope the help they get gives them happiness and peace with their lives.

Ann

exhaustion? when was the last time this woman actually worked?

Marcylu

Its too bad that Demi got hooked on drugs. Her recent breakup with Ashton must have hit her hard. Most people would be better off if they just took a little marijuana to smooth out the edges. Nobody dies, and cannabis helps reduce pain, calms you down, and ups your mood.
I have back pain and medical marijuana does help. Instead of medicating with opiates, booze, or other harmful drugs, medical marijuana taken in edibles really works for me and many others.
Great e-book on medical marijuana: MARIJUANA - Guide to Buying, Growing, Harvesting, and Making Medical Marijuana Oil and Delicious Candies to Treat Pain and Ailments by Mary Bendis, Second Edition. This book has great recipes for easy marijuana oil, delicious Cannabis Chocolates, and tasty Dragon Teeth Mints. goo.gl/iYjPn goo.gl/Jfs61

Fabienne

Grateful to family and friends? At least she has the money to get treatment. I'm from the type of family who wouldn't give a hoot if I was dead, alive, or indifferent. A mock up of a marriage where a husband has stripped me financially to the point where I'm living a solitude life style based on lies. Please don't tell me it's my fault, I should have left etc. I was totally blindsided and now because of a stupid thing called trust I'm ruined. Yes, I'm educated and paid for it myself. Just can't get up the nerve to break away at this age and they all know it. I feel really stupid. Any positive ideas to help a female get out of the deep south who is from NYC and So.Cal? I am clearly not going to fit in around here. Wrong political party,religion,you name it. Sorry to complain but I'm writing to anyone who will listen.
I wish you a speedy recovery Demi. I hope some guy hasn't destroyed your life and that soon you will be well again. Nobody deserves the mental abuse you have gone through. I feel your pain and hold you tight in my heart.

Miz Val

I will NEVER understand these older Hollywood female stars. Grow old gracefully,find something to occupy your time.Stay away from things that can become addictive such as drugs, food,men, and spending the money you worked hard to earn.Maybe just maybe I will not have to read about how silly you can't handle being alone and growing old . It happens ! Get over it and move on!

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Publicists are idiots. I love how they always label addiction as exhaustion. Your client is a druggie. Quit making up dumb excuses, moron.

Abuse Counselor

Cocaine/Meth/Prescription Drugs can be a very over powering substance..atleast many seem to think so in Hollyweird or should I say "they allow it to be"!?.