Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

brown dynamite

Exhaustion? hahahah

aston

Attempted suicide...?
My heart goes out to her. I hope she'll get the help she needs, and that she will find joy in life again soon. All the best to you, Demi.

Fallopia Lopez

In Hollywood, "exhausted" = "I did all the drugs I could find and fell down". Get over King Douchebag, Demi - he's SO far beneath you.

adamiaz

I don't understand why all these celebritys have to be "hospitalized" and put in "rehab." Get some suboxone and chill at the house. It's like rehab in a bottle. I love it! Pills f'd me up bad! I forgot what it was like to be happy without them. And also got sick and tired of waking up every morning feeling like i got the **** beat out of me!

RY

Yeah, she's a celebrity but a lot of people dealing with divorce end up like this... especially when you hit mid-age. I feel bad for her. Divorce is a hard thing.

zed

poor demi - can't take things like mere mortals - imagine if everyone who broke up had to take therapy. exhausting. how frail she really was - i had no idea.

cdm

Demi,need's to step back and let those who care take over,first with here children then with the healing process. One would hope she has strong parent's and Willis will follow up as a Father.

pnav

People are so cruel reading these comments. Here is some advice "Grow F** up!". Demi I wish you best..chin up no man or any situation is worth drowning in substance abuse. You have beautiful kids. You look d*mn good and know it..confidence. As for the rest of you losers without a heart take a flying leap.

jackie

demi.....please hear me.....i pray that you are okay, but with all breakups... they are hard....if all the hype of your breakup is, i guess, because you are, yes, older..... but Kutcher is...younger.....and a schlepp.....does not even have the first clue about how to treat a lady! ....case in point...where is his one nite stand today?.....C/mon demi, you WILL have a life after ashton kutcher...and you will be better for it!!!!!!...the 'after' i mean!

ryan

way to go Demi ...keep the buzz going it numbs the pain !!

oldwomenshouldbehave

Life is so unfair, the cheater is in Brazil having a blast and the one cheated on is having a hard time coping...lesson of the day, be the cheater.....

Onyango Obama

Demi is Moore stressed --
Now she's mostly dressed --
She's in a gown --
But 'off' the town --
Demi's very messed.

BT

wow big surprise.

Misty

Lol, while I was skimming through the tmz site. I thought Demi Lavato. Demi Moore, are you trying to get in the papers? Age in private please.

jeremy

Man i wish her well but drugs r never the answer especially when losing someone u care for, and as for the agents and press that say "hospitalized for exhaustion" just say what it is. She was distraught over her divorce & thought getting high was a good way to block the pain (i know its not) BUT i have more respect and understanding that way then if u lie! i know its not our business but if u out it out there say what it is others can learn from this. No matter what people call her she is in pain and needs help & people who make fun of that need to seriously grow up. if this was ur mom,sister or family in general i bet u wouldnt say the same thing so have some respect for others!