Demi Moore

Rushed To Hospital

For Substance Abuse

1/25/2012 7:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore
Demi Moore was rushed to the hospital Monday night ... and we're told the issue is substance abuse.

Law enforcement tells us a 911 call was placed at 10:45 PM Monday night. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital.

Sources tell us she is being placed in a facility to "seek further professional assistance." Our sources say the treatment is for substance abuse.

Demi's rep tells TMZ, "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."

See also

John

I'm sick of these publicity stunts. I suppose she thinks Ashton will come running. In the old days of Hollywood stars were taken out under a sheet. Maybe this will help her.

John

I'm sick of these publicity stunts. I suppose she thinks Ashton will come running. In the old days of Hollywood stars were taken out under a sheet. Gong up or down is up to you,

Steve

I guess staying off drugs and not being a self-absorbed celebrity drama queen not part of her Obama Pledge in 2009.

Home Skillet

Who does Demi Moore think she is ... Heather Locklear?!!

Skeptical

Oh, if only all of us could be totally exhausted coke. #richpeopleproblems

brad

I thought that Demi Moore did a pretty good job in that movie last year called "Margin Call" ... which is about how Wall Street totally sent the U.S. and world economy off a cliff in 2008. It wasn't a big part, but she did fine in it. She shouldn't be so depressed about her career prospects. She may not be getting "leading lady" parts like she used to be, but that happens to nearly all of the older actors and actresses.

Suddenly, you go from being the 20 something, hot leading lady to playing the part of a 50 year old grandmother in the movies. Until, somebody figures out how to dramatically slow down aging, that's just how it is. It's kind of weird to see child actors get old, but they surely WILL. All these young, snotty people in their early 20s are going to look a lot like their grandparents someday ... wrinkled, flabby skin and other body parts, low muscle mass, etc.

I think Demi is just plain old depressed and has anxiety because of her breakup with Ashton Kutcher and she's medicating herself bigtime with all sorts of prescription drugs and booze. She's probably pretty darned unhealthy right now if she's been doing this everyday for 6 months or more. It was inevitable that she was going to end up in rehab and she probably knew it. At least Demi isn't fighting her addictions anymore and she agreed to go to rehab .... unlike Heather Locklear.

rini6

They still use that "Exhaustion" euphemism?

Simone

I don't think it's really fair to compare Demi with Heather Locklear. Demi seems pathologically obsessed with issues of vanity. There's a real narcissism there (SEE: her twitter photos, marrying a young guy, etc.). I'm not trying to be insensitive about what she's going through, but I just think this is about much more than her breakup.

Clusterbuster

Harvey, your website is a joke, how about acces to the TMZ segment on Demi Moore vs, print & picture. Come on.

Metta Worldhate

She's not sick, she's just old. That's what life feels like when you've been around as long as you have, honey.

Dr. Cornelia J. Dogbarker PhD

Ha ha maybe this pathetic Hollywood attention-whore would feel better if she filled her swimming pool with money and jumped in. "Everyone look at me, I took 2 aspirin with a glass of wine and now I have a bellyache. Validate me! Tell me how great I am! I'd like to thank the little people for taking me to the hospital."

Artist

Amazing the language used when a celebrity does too much coke

CN

A Broken Heart is Had by all of us at one time or another..I feel Sad 4 her..IM sure She will be OK in time..She is NO Dummy..She let Her Heart lead Her 4 awhile..MISTAKE..Some of you people are Heartless..You will have your turn one day 2 fail and fall..Being made a fool of 4 the world 2 see aint EZ

netshark

gotta love spokespeople. exhaustion is not substance abuse. whatever she's taking i hope she kicks it and gets well soon.

tellmeaboutit

She needs to put herself in park and rethink her life. Aging is a fact of life. It's unavoidable no matter how many times you have yourself carved and sliced. Divorce is tough, especially if cheating is involved. All that is
past. She needs to start again on her own terms.

Those who don't support you or contribute to your well being need to be booted to the curb. Get up, get well and take hold. She has family and friends. When you're ready, choose a man, not a boy or an overgrown boy like #2. Partnership, not codependency. Get well and live your life!