Demi Moore

Health Crisis ...

Inhaling Nitrous Oxide

1/26/2012 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore inhaled nitrous oxide
Demi Moore
's friend called paramedics Monday night after the actress inhaled a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... one of Demi's friends who was at her home told emergency workers Demi was doing whip-its. A whip-it is a street name for a type of nitrous oxide inhalant.

The friend said she became upset when Demi had a reaction to a whip-it and lapsed into semi-consciousness.

It appears Demi had symptoms of a seizure -- after inhaling the nitrous.

A whip-it is not a common drug among people of Demi's age and social status. It's typically used by younger people who are looking for a cheap thrill.

0124_demi_moore_footer

tomas

Betcha she's fun in the sack.

JiLL1

Everybody in Hollywood is so freakin miserable. Bunch of unhappy , self absorbed, nutjobs

Regina

I have never done drugs and I never would. I have never heard of whippets but I have heard of huffing paint and air conditioner coolant or whatever.
I am also going through menopause and no matter how bad my symptoms may be, I would never resort to doing this. This sounds like a serious case of arrested development to me. Didn't she grow up in a trailer park and her mom was a drug addict???? There's your answer. She probably was a drug addict from long long ago and we are just now hearing about it. I don't think Ashton had anything to do with it, although he probably didn't help either.

Regina

By the way, I am glad that a friend was with her when she had the reaction. It would have been horrible had she died alone. Seriously, she should go and get some psychiatric help for her issues with age and the drugs and the divorce.She still has 2 young daughters at home watching all this. It is a horrible example to set for them as to how to react to life.

happyday

How embarrassing!!!!!

Margarita Ponce

ashton kutcher (@aplusk) pillado y con fotos con la famosa estrella hispana de la tv adriana abenia (@abeniaadriana) FOTOS EN EXCLUSIVA

happyday

Surely she realizes whip-its are usually done by teens who can't afford/get better drugs?! What in the world?

Big Bubber

Old Demi should have got one of her flunkies to get her a whole tank of the stuff, then all she would have to do is tie a trash bag around her head, and punch a hole in it for a hose......couple minutes of that, and she would be doing a root canal on herself.

Big Bubber

12 going on 50

Nitrous Oxide - Laughing Gas - Sweet Air. Dentists use it. Properly administered and monitored by a trained medical professional it's a very good thing. I ask for it when I have a root canal or an extraction. It helps a great deal with anxiety and pain.

Nitrous is also used as a propellant in cans of whip cream. You can get the little cartridges at most housewares departments or you can just get a can of whip cream at any grocery store.

It's a problem when stupid people suck down too much NO and their body shuts down from lack of oxygen. And, lack of O causes brain damage. So the stupid ones get stupider. Demi.

Pot is better for you. Unless you get sucked into the war on drugs.

Big Bubber

Satsuki

Husband cheats on her in front of the whole world, she is sad and depressed and you people critize her? WTF is wrong with ya'll?? If my husband cheated on me, I would be sad and depressed too. Some people in Hollywood do have real feelings ya know. Oh and FYI, whipits ARE NOT a young persons high. I know older folks that do it a lot. Do some research and learn something.

Jessie

I find it very hard to believe that someone Demi's age would do "whip-its" out of all things. I thought younger people did that, I'm now saying its impossible, but it just seems a little to extreme, I would believe it if it was prescription drugs or alcohol, but no one here really knows the whole story since none of us were there, it looks like she has an eating disorder too, she has lost a lot of weight and yes...it is most likely caused by stress of her public divorce, but if Ashton really did cheat on her..then he's not worth the headache. I don't know for sure if Ashton was unfaithful, he never admitted it or denied it and there is always two sides to every story, but whatever the REAL story is...I wish them both the best. I hope Demi can bounce back from this and move on with her life and I hope Ashton can move on too. The relationship was obviously not meant to be.

janet

Jeez, put on weight, all the plastic surgery, botox will still not make you look 20. Unless your dead, ageing happens. That's a fact.

Nitrous Oxide has been around forever. Dubbed the laughing gas, is used by dentists when necessary.

This bull crap of her age and social status has nothing to do with anything. This has been around forever, same thing just different street slang names. If not that, aerosol cans are used.

Gotta love Canada

Americans in the spotlight are a disgrace. Drugs, alcohol and cheating scandals is all they are good for. DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!