Demi Moore

Health Crisis ...

Inhaling Nitrous Oxide

1/26/2012 6:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore inhaled nitrous oxide
Demi Moore
's friend called paramedics Monday night after the actress inhaled a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ ... one of Demi's friends who was at her home told emergency workers Demi was doing whip-its. A whip-it is a street name for a type of nitrous oxide inhalant.

The friend said she became upset when Demi had a reaction to a whip-it and lapsed into semi-consciousness.

It appears Demi had symptoms of a seizure -- after inhaling the nitrous.

A whip-it is not a common drug among people of Demi's age and social status. It's typically used by younger people who are looking for a cheap thrill.

0124_demi_moore_footer

Kardashian H8R

Really??? I don't know anyone over the age of maybe 20 who still does whip-its. I guess her boytoy husband taught her that.

RIDEHER

why do celebrities have such questionable personal character? they do things the average person would go to jail for. they say outrageous things that impact the younger generation being raised by parents who want good role models.

Gerard

Are you kidding me? I hope she at least sprung for the $23.00 cake dcorating gun rather than just sucking a balloon. She should be sucking on a sandwich.

Ginny

Can't believe how people, women too, think she should be happy and find love just because of her good looks.

JennyT

No Way. B.S. on that. Demi Moore was not doing "whip it's". That sounds like a little cover up trying to make things look not as bad as they really are. Demi Moore had a cocaine problem in the 80's, and I have a feeling that would be what she was inhaling. It's also been reported that she's getting treated for anorexia; these two, anorexia w/cocaine use is rather common, (energy U need for not eating is the amphetamine). I hope she can overcome her deamons.

Vic L

Demi, darling should have done better eating the whipped cream in the dispenser than whiffing the nitrous. Can this be one of the reasons Kutch and You split? Skeletons and dirt under carpets, even in the richest homes?

ireadtmz

WHAT A LOW LIFE DRUGGIE..TOO MUCH TIME ON HER HANDS.."WHIP ITS" IT IS IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS A MODEL PLANE GLUE STIFFER OR A LUNCH BAG PAINT CAN STIFFER

Al

Really Demi! this is no way for a "Cougar" to act. He's a kid and not worth the effort to get messed up over.

DucNut

Brings back memories of hanging out at the tailgate parties in the parking lots of Dead shows.....WOW WEE!!! the good ole' days!!! Turn back the hands of time!

KC

Jeezily Crow Gramma, it's not a parking lot of a Grateful Dead show! If you're going to huff N2O, go for the surgical grade dummy. Surely you can afford it. Better yet, don't inhale anything aside from air & food. Remember food? Those suffering from anorexia & malnutrition should NOT do any sort of drugs. Even for the healthy lots, a couple of the things that can happen when you do too much N2O is going into seizures & developing a vitamin B deficiency (esp. w/ prolonged use) which I'll bet she already has from the obvious malnutrition. Silly granny, wubbing out is not for the elderly!

anonomous

Demi is depressed obviously and is having trouble handling a broken heart like many of us have in the past. I hope she gets strong and puts up her chin and gets up her self esteem and shows him she can still go on with out him. Its not easy but never give up just give yourself some rebuilding time and get back into the movies where you are happy and make people happy and are loved by them,PS DEMI PLENTY OF ASHTONS IN THE SEA !!!!!!!!!!PICK YOURSELF UP

JimmydeansausageCo.

I felt bad, but whip-it's? That's like fixing a live light switch with a swiss army knife, just retarded to do in the first place!

And all you need is a card for some weed in your state?

This world is a screwed up circus & you don't know how good you have it in CA...

*shakes head*

But when I was a teen and worked at McCancer burger, we huffed helium from the tank and I passed out. I thought I woke up in a hospital because of the white ceiling and lights, but I passed out on a stack of buns. Funniest dumbass thing I ever did like that.

Storm

C'com Demi, you should have known better. Whip-it is no laughing matter. You were lucky this time.

007

---------- ALL THE ****IN MONEY SHE HAS & HER DRUG OF CHOICE IS WHIP IT??? WTF!--------

me

What a stupid way to get high. You'd be better off snorting cocaine you dumb ass. She might have some brain damage. Imagine what her kids will think about her doing this crap. She's a has been idiot if you ask me. Maybe this is why Ashton left her sorry ass.